The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

We have upgraded to vBulletin 4 Time for a fresh bug list

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
L

I make it policy that I upload and link 1200 pixel wide images for in-line viewing, and if a larger representation is needed that is made available by an explicit additional link so that viewers know they will be downloading something big. That way my flickr original upload is always the correct size (typically 125-400K) and renders properly on all devices without too much unnecessary overhead.

G
You might be one of the few that does this. I get MANY complaints of slow mobile image downloads.
If these continue or intensify, then I will be essentially forced to reinstate the "new" way of image management.
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
not a huge deal, but i am noticing the new images shown on the right side seem way over-saturated
Yup, it appears that the thumbnails are not color-managed properly. There is no embedded sRBG tags (sigh).
This is also true for all of the Gallery thumbnails.
-bob

erudolph

There used to be a dedicated link to the Buy & Sell in the menu bar. I miss this. It saved me some navigation if I wanted to check the B&S directly from one of the fora.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Just to say again that my snaps previous to up grade have disappeared. Seems like all who post as thumbnails have suffered such a fate. Woe is us! Thanks for all the hard work Bob et al.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
We are working toward a resolution to the missing attachments.
Keep your fingers crossed, but we think it is possible.
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Replying to a thread..just gives me a ' quick reply '.

Too busy a format. My eyes..

p.s. the only way I found is ' quick reply '; ' Go Advanced '.

I have to ' press ' the ' Top ' icon 5/6 times before anything happened.
One of your user preferences is which editor you would like to default.
Top page near Welcome <username> message is settings
Then "My Account"/"General Settings"
Near the bottom of the page under "Miscellaneous Options" you will see the various editor options.
thanks
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, it appears that the thumbnails are not color-managed properly. There is no embedded sRBG tags (sigh).
This is also true for all of the Gallery thumbnails.
-bob
Fixed
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Which font? Almost every sort of area has its own settings.
There have been no font changes for the last few days.
-bob

Godfrey

Which font? Almost every sort of area has its own settings.
There have been no font changes for the last few days.
-bob
The font seemed smaller in the forum lists again, the layout also seemed to have changed.

G

Godfrey

A separate thought:

Something that's always seemed a little strange to me is that the only place I can get a concise list of 'threads I'm subscribed to that have new activity on them' is in the Settings control panel. That's always what I want to see first when I look in on a forum. Second is 'new activity on the forum in general,' which the New Posts button handles.

Wouldn't it make sense to have a dedicated button on the main bar for that sort of list? I don't use much else in my Settings area all that often, and the button to get there is in a completely different part of the screen.

G