The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GRD in Salford/Manchester

D

Daz Tazer

i took my Grd out with me properly to take some photos last week. mostly until now I'd only used it at home/down the pub. :rolleyes:

i went down to Salford Quays as there was an exhibition of George Rodgers war photographs on at the imperial war museum north. which was great.
this area of Salford has been massively regenerated in the last ten years or so, with The Lowry Centre and the Daniel Libeskind designed Imperial War Museum being the two most impressive buildings.
unfortunately it was a typical overcast Mancunian day so there was no nice blue sky to frame the photos.

The Lowry Centre

Imperial War Museum

the lifting footbridge over the Manchester Ship Canal linking the two buildings.

and finally a colour one of the Cornerhouse Cinema in Manchester.

i really like my little GRD it's a great camera and actually my first proper digital, just need to get my head around this RAW processing now.

there's some more on my flickr page if anyone wants a further look.