The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Small Sensor Fun

sizifo

Sandy, the photos from india (?) are wonderful. The last one is by far my favorite - the blurriness of the faces on either side, leading the eye to the guy looking straight at the camera + the swarming environment. Just great.

Here's one of a stray dog (GRDI):

W

wbrandsma

Wouter, the seal picture is one of the best pictures I've seen in a long time. How do you do it! All that movement in the picture but the seal is firm and looks like its on the point of pushing through the water. The little girl makes it though.
Thank you so much. I would say, keep an additional battery charged and don't shut off the camera. There are images everywhere.

All Ricoh GRDIII

Lili

Dancers and Balloons.
Ate a late lunch, right between the normal Dinner and Lunch times.
Place was quiet and empty, found the table prepared for party, waiting like a Shrine...

GRD

sizifo

Keep going back to the seal photo. It's exceptional.

Here are two street photos from London.

I'm quite happy with the 2nd.

otumay

The DP1 never ceases to amaze me. This time it accompanied me to historical places around the city. Hope you like them.
Best,
Osman

D

D upton-Hackett.

Very nice osman, did you do much pp to get those super finished shots.
what i would like to see if someone would oblige is shots taken direct from the DP1 & DP2 without any PP to give me some idea of what they can do.

Currently biding on a DP2 in ebay so keeping my fingers XXXX.

Derek.

otumay

Thank you Derek, there is pp only on the third shot; I added tonal contrast. The rest is routine: RAW conversion to 16-bit TIFF by Sigma PhotoPro, then levels control and jpeg conversion in Photoshop CS4. I do not prefer to use in-camera jpegs, as there may be problems in white balance settings.
Best of luck in your bid.
Osman

retow

Very nice osman, did you do much pp to get those super finished shots.
what i would like to see if someone would oblige is shots taken direct from the DP1 & DP2 without any PP to give me some idea of what they can do.

Currently biding on a DP2 in ebay so keeping my fingers XXXX.

Derek.
Just a few RAW from the DP2 converted in SPP, set on "auto conversion", jpeg half size. Untouched otherwise.

Last edited:
D

D upton-Hackett.

Thanks osman and retow.

Dam they are good, the reason for asking I'm not very good with pp and only have Elements 6 which can handle my DNG raw for the GX200 with limitations against the expensive LR . But hay if they are as good as shown then NO worries.

It seems the DP2 has gone down in price £349 at crazycameras.com.

Derek.

pollobarca

Derek,
from what I've seen the Sigma bundled PP software is pretty good.
Practice , as I am doing, with Rawtherapee and GIMP. they are freeware.They work.
You could get Capture1 trial down to try too.I was very impressed , for a while, then I tried rawtherapee again. It really is very good for the donation money.
My PP is way off at the moment. I need to invest in Hardware, such as screens etc.
Anyway just keep practising, you cant do any harm and will have fun.

b rgds

paul

retow

Thanks osman and retow.

Dam they are good, the reason for asking I'm not very good with pp and only have Elements 6 which can handle my DNG raw for the GX200 with limitations against the expensive LR . But hay if they are as good as shown then NO worries.

It seems the DP2 has gone down in price £349 at crazycameras.com.

Derek.
SPP is pretty good and easy to use. IQ wise the DPs are the gold standard among compact (pocketable) digital cameras.