The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Small Sensor Fun

W

wbrandsma

I tried to express my pride for my country with the landscape photographs in the past, but I am very worried though. I don't recognize the country I grew up anymore.

This is kind of how I feel with the current populism in the Netherlands.

pollobarca

Wouter,
I grew up in south london. My school was about 40 % white english. The rest was West Indian, Indian, Pakistan, Nigerian, then we had a the europeans, spanish, portugese, loads of Poles,We also had a few yanks and a couple of aussies and loads of Irish Strangly I cant remember any chinese. A school with 1700 boys. Racism couldnt really get much of a footing there as we were all in the same boat playing and working together.
There were problems but people found a way round them. Great thing about these forums is how so many of us can write to each other so easily.
We all enjoy looking at views from around the world.

Back to pix- Hiromi above in the flash in my previous post was pretty near in sequence to the following pic, which I took with no flash, mine or anyone elses

She doesnt keep still, I was shooting in HI which will take about 5 pics and then lose's time saving to the card. But look at the colour the flash was killing. Hiromi has a multi cultural band, Bass from UK, Drummer at the time of the pic was from Slovakia and the guitarist from USA. Now she has the same bass but a drummer from Brazil and another USA guitarist. She is VERY Japanese.

pollobarca

This one is Jpg from the GX100, just cropped 1:1 . I set the WB with a piece of white paper , set the aperture , adjusted the tripod, focused then let the camera do the rest.
Cropped to square . I took a DNG and jpeg file together.

This was a dng file run through raw therapee

But then a small sensor means a camera you can always have with you
for this sort of shot.

otumay

The Northern extreme of the Bosphorus, a tanker coming in from the Black Sea. On the right, the Asian side. Courtesy DP1.
Cheers,
Osman
Sorry to repeat this, but a problem occurred in our web site, so the photos were gone from the post. Here they are:

Osman

otumay

Ominous skies - that's what I tried to shoot. With the ever ready DP1 and a little help from ColorEfexPro (with a nod to Wayne), these are what I've got.
Best,
Osman

pollobarca

These are tremendous , especially the last 2. I prefer the colour bird pic to the BnW version,thats just me though.

b rgds

paul

pollobarca

Sizifo, are they rebuilding! :D
That was strong light. Like the statue pic, not so keen on the Acropolis view.
Its not easy to get a pic of the Acropolis, I found that for myself.

Here are some pics of Milano Duomo, we took the elevator to the roof.
Its an incredible place to visit, so many staues, some of which would never
be seen unless you can go to the roof. So in centuries past many people didnt know just what was up there.
rest of the series (which i am going to re process) is on flickr at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pollobarca/sets/72157608249822127/

D

D upton-Hackett.

Just love that golden sunset reflected on water and ship.

Lili

Ominous skies - that's what I tried to shoot. With the ever ready DP1 and a little help from ColorEfexPro (with a nod to Wayne), these are what I've got.
Best,
Osman

Osman, splendid shots all of them but these are quite my favorites!
The Sigmas are very sharp, IQ is delightful

otumay

Thank you Lili, I'm so glad you liked them.
I find it hard to explain my affinity for this peculiar camera; its controls are awkward, it has sluggish auto-focus and insufficient high-ISO performance, but I'm still drawn to it. As you've noted, its IQ is very good and it produces dramatic pictures. It makes me happy, in short.
Best,
Osman

pollobarca

......... It makes me happy, in short.
Best,
Osman

Thats the best thing any object can do for someone! Many people give as the reason they change cameras "not happy with..." which seems to also mean dissappointed

Certainly you got those clouds moving , well they seem to be to me, in your pix.

A couple from the GX100 , this camera makes me happy too as well as the Manfrotto tripod which is excellent .

b rgds

paul

otumay

Nicely put, Paul. Your GX100 images are like paintings that you'd want to hang on your wall. By the way, tried the CX1 last week and found it to be a joy to use with that impressive 920,000 dot screen.
Best,
Osman

sizifo

Here are two photos from the street.

Manchester:

& London (I'm starting to put together a whole set of photos in this style on my flickr).

pollobarca

Lovely,
white clouds, white Morris and horrid london brick- Composition is very nice,
The little Madonna has me thinking- where is this place, Streatham? A picture that
works and has me wondering.
Also because I had a Morris like this once ( and a Morris Traveller one time). Great cars.
Shame they made it safe to break glass, when I was a kid we used to think twice cos you could hurt yourself badly . They used to flog us in school as well. Well caught that vandalised phone box- just as well we all have mobiles.

pollobarca

High Iso with the GX100
Went to the Blue Note last night to see Ahmad Jamal. Great music a non-stop performance with 2 encores an hour and 20 minutes of Great JAZZ!
I set the camera mostly at 1600 iso and wished I'd grabbed a stage front table . OH well not bad really as photography not allowed , I set up the GX100 with the evf ,LCD off and the focus assist OFF. Of course no flash, as its damned rude anyway to use flash when the artists are playing, apart from being a useless tool for this sort of work.
This I converted to BnW using Fastone:

A colour shot

The whole set is here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pollobarca/sets/72157622382046585/

Given the little Ricohs limitations I'm quite happy . But I think the old Oly c5050z does it better at 400 iso, same venue but perhaps the lighting was different, nearly 3 years ago!

All the best