The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Small Sensor Fun

S

suneelkumar85

osman,She's saying it loud too, the guy on the left seems to have heard. lots of interest like what goes on in the bar and under the umbrellas? Why use a balloon? Very Nice composition.
Only fair that I post my other daughter on her Laurea day , this one is a chemical engineer. I have twin daughters , one a philosopher the other an engineer.
This is really a quick snap to remember the day with. At the Milan poli its not very photographer friendly.

Wouter i shouldnt be proud, even if I am, as my girls did the work! The engineer is in canada now working/researching. The philosopher is thinking about it ( no she's actually working as an "intern" in milan)

Lovely BnW work again Wouter Specially like the wavy shadow , the way the lines from the foreground carry in to the shadow of the lamppost.

Now back to holidays etc
Two guys with venetian accents relaxing while their wives enjoy the sea.
------------------------------------------------------

http://www.laserlipoguide.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

smokysun

this thread has wonderful photographs. i think the thing about the small sensor cameras is the intimacy. the ability to zero-in on the subject, to be part of the scene. it's like drawing, the personal line is there. this thread shows the cameras (and photographers) at their best. guess it's hard to go wrong when you're really having fun!

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

otumay

this thread has wonderful photographs. i think the thing about the small sensor cameras is the intimacy. the ability to zero-in on the subject, to be part of the scene. it's like drawing, the personal line is there. this thread shows the cameras (and photographers) at their best. guess it's hard to go wrong when you're really having fun!

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp
+1
Osman

sizifo

Lovely,
white clouds, white Morris and horrid london brick- Composition is very nice,
The little Madonna has me thinking- where is this place, Streatham? A picture that
works and has me wondering.
Also because I had a Morris like this once ( and a Morris Traveller one time). Great cars.
Shame they made it safe to break glass, when I was a kid we used to think twice cos you could hurt yourself badly . They used to flog us in school as well. Well caught that vandalised phone box- just as well we all have mobiles.
Thanks. It was on the stretch between Euston- Mornington Crescent -Camden .

If you forgive my curiosity, from what you're saying, you are of italian origin & grew up in london, now back in italy?

Just searching for a new place to live in london - and appreciating again what a vast mixed and awesome city it is. Must be said, owing to the youth violence, some parts of london, particularly south london, feel less safe to me than they did 10 years ago when I arrived.

sizifo

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp
Very nicely put. Small sensor is has its own aesthetics, and it's good to see this section not dying with the advent of the G1 X1, and so on - even though it has taken a hit. And we've had to smuggle the sigmas into the small sensor family :)

Lets keep it up.

sizifo

1&2 are great sinwen, especially 1 would immediately get marked as a favorite. It says something when only one or two photos start to reveal a personal style. 3 is slightly less to my liking, probably due to my prejudice against food related photos that are everywhere on flickr and forums (fora).

Probably missed one or two photos on the last page. Am on a slow connection and loading 50 posts with photos is extremely slow.

If any of the moderators are reading, is there any option (& willingness to implement such an option), to "flip" the pages according to no of MBytes rather than no of posts?

Last edited:

sizifo

Two more experimental ones.

Rainy day in hamburg

Leaf & 2 cigarette buds in London (Harlesden).

Paul - I THOUGHT that madonna photo was near mornington crescent. Am no longer so sure (but definitely not south london).

pollobarca

Thanks. It was on the stretch between Euston- Mornington Crescent -Camden .

If you forgive my curiosity, from what you're saying, you are of italian origin & grew up in london, now back in italy?

Just searching for a new place to live in london - and appreciating again what a vast mixed and awesome city it is. Must be said, owing to the youth violence, some parts of london, particularly south london, feel less safe to me than they did 10 years ago when I arrived.
I was born in Willesden ( where I lived until I was 6) then we moved to Tooting.
My father was a real cockney (born within the sounds of Bow Bells) and my mum from a small village now in the suburbs of Cambridge. I live in Italy because I married an Italian. My dad was a real cockney but he never
put on the accent unless for fun. My Mum had a real cambridge country bumpkin accent.
I never have a problem in Tooting, Balham,Wandsworth etc.No idea why .
I used to work the underground in Stockwell, Oval, etc. That was a bit rough
but I only ever had to fight in North London...(Highgate, Golders Green, Kentish Town)
Now a Photo I took last week for fun:-

The wall was decorated by a local artist ( the bar deny it but it was he)
who's name escapes me but he had a show recently in New York. He's always hanging out here.Lady was waiting on her coffee to be served.The guy reading his newspaper is always there- I think he's part of the mural...

pollobarca

Senwen,
like your first pic of the cows, well seen and caught. The Rain pics too, the tree is very well exposed and shiny. Not so keen on the fich although its very sharp, clear and well exposed.

A couple I took last night for fun , gx 100 and the little Manfrotto Mini tripod.
I held the camera , using the tripod , against my car in the first pic.

second pic i just put the camera on the ground with the tripod angled upwards

all the best

paul

W

wbrandsma

This keeps getting better and better.

Ricoh GR Digital III with the 21mm GW-2 wide lens converter.

Michael S

Meant to add:

@ Pollobarca -- I'm envious. It's been a number of years since I've had a chance to hear Ahmad Jamal in a small jazz club. He's outstanding.

Good photo, too, especially given the limitations.

pollobarca

Thanks Michael,
Ahmad Jamal gave us a marvellous performance- I will try to catch his show at the Bergamo Jazz Festival in March. This will be in the Donizetti Theatre so the atmosphere will be very different.
I like the Aircraft view- its always strange how people rush to get off. I started putting all my bags in the hold, that way I relaxed a lot more and sweated a lot less.

sizifo

Paul, love the one with the newspapers across the walls. Yeah I remember a while ago I posted some photos from Harlesden, and said that it looked like the 3rd world, and you replied. I've spent some time there in the meantime and love it. May even move there as it turns out...

Beautiful shot the first one wouter, your impulse really comes across in that one.

Lili

Long live small sensors!!!

the latter is blurred, rushing to get shot after light changed, but I rather like it.
S200EXR

Last edited:

pollobarca

Wouter, the seal picture is one of the best pictures I've seen in a long time. How do you do it! All that movement in the picture but the seal is firm and looks like its on the point of pushing through the water. The little girl makes it though.
Lili, these are great and interesting views from the car.
I've been thinking of doing some shots in the car during rain. I've found that the Manfrotto mini tripod and the Oly c5050 stay firm and solid on the dashboard, even through curves, and I can fire the camera using the RC. This means I keep both hands on , or near to,the wheel. Ive tried using the GX100 but the lower camera weight makes it a less solid setup and the camera rolls over on sharp curves.Plus I dont have an RC for the gx100.
Heres one I took for fun (arent all photos for fun though?)a couple of years ago with my c5050z, I called it Prosciutto and Gnocca :