The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Small Sensor Fun

otumay

I think GRD2 has done an admirable job in capturing your daughter's hearty smile, Will. Never used mine (I mean the camera, not the smile;)) to that effect, but I'll give it a try.
Thanks,
Osman

pollobarca

Will,
great one with the flash, a simple shot that tells us all about the Snow and the fun we can have. I miss a good snow ball fight! But at 55 its not too dignified , or so I am told!

b rgds

paul

sizifo

I really love this photo. The noise, even with the chroma, is beautiful, and the transition from the clarity in the foreground to the noise works perfectly for me, especially with the snowy feel.

Last edited:

pollobarca

Its Sale time in Italy, lots of bargains to be had. Shops open on public Holidays and Sundays. This was the evening of Epifania ( the Befana) a public holiday from fascist times that was revived as a public holiday in the '80's by Bettino Craxi...
I went out with the Oly C5050z and the little Manfrotto Mini, using trash cans, bollards, door frames etc to steady the camera with the mini "tripod"
Exposure: 0.067 sec (1/15)
Aperture: f/2.6
Focal Length: 7.1 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: Off, Did not fire

Rest of the shots here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pollobarca/sets/72157623036243179/

Paratom

Some recent ones from Switzerland, Glacier Morteratsch with the g11:

The scenery looks like this (image with M9):

During my 2 week vacation in ther snow the g11 turned out to be a great companion to my M9. Really enjoy the g11.

Terry

Will , great colours. I have no idea what it is though!
Yesterday saw the Coca-Cola Tram in Milano. Very cold and windy.
Set iso at 100, locked the exposure , braced the GX100 against a lamppost then waited for the tram to get moving. The wind wa blowing around all the hanging deco lights, which makes for the line of moving light in front of the tram.Plus I think I was shaking too....

All the best

pAUL
Well done!

Will

I didn't think I would manage to afford a skiing holiday this year, but then I didn't expect to be able to ski in the park across the road!

GRD2

otumay

I didn't think I would manage to afford a skiing holiday this year, but then I didn't expect to be able to ski in the park across the road!

GRD2
And I did not expect to walk at night with just a coat on in January. What a contrast!
Osman

pollobarca

Will, nice shot from the UK. Saw a satellite pic of the UK, all white!
Scott, nice pics - what is the camera please?

One more from my Olympus c5050z.
I braced the camera against some railings to hold it steady.My Tripod doesnt extend enough in height to get this one.Used a very old Olympus teleconverter ( plastic body).

Camera: Olympus C5050Z
Exposure: 0.5
Aperture: f/2.3
Focal Length: 17.6 mm
ISO Speed: 200

Run ORF file through Rawtherapee then PP with GIMP.

All the best

paul

Will

Thanks Paul. Pretty amazing to see the entire British Isles completely white!

I love the colours in your image, noise and all.

Here are a few more low light snow images. I'm getting fond of the amazing colours coming out of these. Bit of Monet thing going on.

My tired but happy children on the way home

The snow fight that led to my earlier post of my daughter.

One from the next evening whilst I was cross country skiing

pollobarca

Will lovely pictures - Ski-ing in England!!!
The pic of the kids going home could nearly be a Christmas card if the building could be
something else, Hep! thats the scene you have and its lovely. Colours and the lights too are marvellous.
Thanks-glad you like the last pic I put up. I dont like noise removal software and to be honest I dont think it would improve. The Teleconverter lens ( a very old Olympus with plastic body, made for film cameras) is not so clever with the C5050z. I will be working on this last pic again though.
b rgds

paul

BTW that sure was fun for your kids in the snow!

Scott G

Scott, nice pics - what is the camera please?

Paul,

Thanks, they were taken with the GRDIII, which is quickly becoming my favorite camera.

Here are a couple more:

If anyone ever wants to enjoy an ice cream with their hookah, or perhaps just eat some popcorn and a snow ball while watching belly dancing, this place is highly recommended! :thumbup:

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Yesterday's post from my daily blog. Shot with my iPhone. This is the only technically good shot that I've ever gotten with it.

pollobarca

Scott,
Hookah Bar in little Italy- with Belly dancing. Sounds like a wholesome place!
like these 2 pics , especially the counter shot.

Ken, I like the first shot , mainly because I think she would be happy with the picture , i like the paving and her stockings , the movement which is enhanced by the diagonal white line behind her. The other 2 no. The composition of the last one is nice with a diagonal line through the heads. But the ladies are not looking their best .
Back to my ricoh GX100 for some night shots. Manfrotto Mini attached to the camera. Seregno Via Garibaldi:
Camera: Ricoh Caplio GX100
Exposure: 0.6
Aperture: f/5.5
Focal Length: 8.3 mm
ISO Speed: 100

Camera: Ricoh Caplio GX100
Exposure: 0.6
Aperture: f/4.7
Focal Length: 5.5 mm
ISO Speed: 100