The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Small Sensor Fun

pollobarca

Here she is- Hiromi Uehara my Favourite Musician, at Marians Jazz room Berne.
the GX100 is pretty bad in poor light and at 1600 iso I have a line down the screen. Up to 400 iso its ok.BTW she played her latest solo work. "Place to Be".
She doesnt need a band, on her own she is exceptional and unhindered.:salute:

pollobarca

As always the photos from this forum are excellent. Particularly like the photos from Devon Shaw (metro and handstand) and Shirokuro the tv's and the surf.
Wills picture of St Pancras(?) is lovely.

I went to Monza Park again and got to the sculpture "Lo Scrittore". Does
deceive the eye a little I thinkl.

the set is here http://www.flickr.com/photos/pollobarca/sets/72157623388211223/
All taken with the GX100.

The Lambro river has been severely damaged by someone pouring 2400 tonnes (!!!) of fuel oil in it. Its now heading down the Po towards the Adriatic.
This is a pure warning from the Mafia to someone . No way could that have been done without a lot of planning.
The Lambro on Sunday in Monza Park, just downstream of here 2400 tonnes was quietly gulp gulping into the river while I took this pic.

rest of the Monza park set here:-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pollobarca/sets/72157623505148268/

all with the GX100.

BTW- just got my copy of Altroconsumo (Italian "Which" magazine ) and the
Ricoh CX1 best of test !:salute::thumbs:

all the best

paul

m3photo

Re: Idea

this has been an exciting month for us in philadelphia - we had 3 major snow storms between december and february. according to some weather forecasters, philadelphia had more snow than anchorage, alaska.
What a charming idea - the umbrella being part of the image and the theme for the set. The best ideas are the simplest. Well done Daniel. :thumbup:

otumay

Wonderful shot, busch63. It shines as an example of what DP1 can do in masterful hands.
Best,
Osman

s.agar

My wife's macro flowers. I couldn't beleive my eyes when I saw these, taken with a Canon SD950. Here are 2 samples.

and

Seyhun

Will

Nice to see some bright fresh flower colours to lift the winter gloom!

They are beautiful Seyhun, thanks for posting.

simonclivehughes

We were out and about downtown Vancouver yesterday and I took only the Sony TX7. Although jpeg only, it produces files that can be very nicely post processed. These were all shot on P Mode, at 125 ISO.

Reflections
View attachment 28545

Waiting for the light
View attachment 28543

Art Gallery exterior
View attachment 28542

Granville Market
View attachment 28544

This is the best (shirt) pocket camera I've found. I'm loving it! More images at my website.

Cheers,

Last edited:

pollobarca

Had a short walk around town yesterday, found a villa I hadnt noticed before.
Sunny and very cold day. The sky was crystal clear. GX100 rawtherapee and gimp, then I ran the picture through shiftN too.

All the best

paul

pollobarca

Simon,
lovely pictures- I especialy like the art gallery shot. The reflections too are great.Well seen
and taken. I'll have to look at this camera too.

paul

simonclivehughes

Simon,
lovely pictures- I especialy like the art gallery shot. The reflections too are great.Well seen
and taken. I'll have to look at this camera too.

paul
Thanks for your comment, Paul. One day, I've got to do a series on reflections, they've always fascinated me.

It's an astonishingly good little camera.

Ciao,

pollobarca

How many people go to buy their sunday papers in one of these?
For sure whoever owns this really had to work hard to get a lamborghini.:ROTFL:

I used the Nikon WCE68 wide angle converter on the GX100.

all the best

paul

ps how many to the litre, not KMS either!:p

otumay

Paul, GX100 seems to have done an admirable job in capturing that yellow colour, your mastery in composition not withstanding.
All justified (and shared) arguments aside, isn't she (it?) a beauty?
Best,
Osman

pollobarca

No lamborghini's are great, especially the agricultural equipment ( farm tractors , ploughs etc). One of my suppliers has one I believe (along with 3 ferraris, zonda, 6 or 7 porsche etc etc) which only goes to show that the area of europe stretching from Trieste to Turin is
the richest part. The Lombardy market is second only to the Whole of the USA for Mercedes Benz....

Thanks for the compliments Osman. RAWTHERAPEE and the Gimp are working well for me
on the colours .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini

Blimey they are Volkswagen! The tractors are SAME-DEUTZ

JDavila

Just posted this @ 4/3rd by accident. I guess I will be tar and feathered!!!

This guy just camped where ever he and his doggy felt like it.