The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cars

Will

I grabbed a quick shot of of one of the new maserati's going past me, had to be quick! Made me get my old Maserati out and give it a polish (all I can do with it atm, can't afford to do the engine repairs needed to get it back on the road :( )

Maybe people have some shots of cars they would like to post here as well?

Both GRD1 B&W in camera jpg adjusted in CS2

D

D upton-Hackett.

Spotted these three while in a rush so only snapshots.
A Buick - Austin and Wolseley.

Last edited:

Will

I like the Austin. I remember when I was a child that we had several of them sitting around the farm yard. Shame they all got scrapped. They used to be converted to use for raking in the wheat in the days before combined harvesters. Model T fords (£5 each to buy) were used as well with a set of rakes welded to the front.

pollobarca

Another maserati :)sleep006:)

common as muck round here... I dont have one though! I do have a supplier
who has 3 Ferraris ( one autographed by Schumi) various Porsche, a Zonda Pagani, a Fiat 500 (old and proper version) Loads of mercedes. He also has
800 trucks.He started with a station wagon 25 yrs ago and I gave him a couple of routes to run. Now, I still give him work and I drive a Fusion....
I'd like to photograph his collection one day, but security is a bit tight.

Less common than the Maserati is the Fiat Balilla in good working order:-

Then my new Boss is a Porsche Fan- he has 2. Claims they are (apart from the spares price and Tyres) as economical as an AUDI. I think he's being a bit
cagey on his expenses...

Will

Lili, my car was great fun whenever it actually worked! I had the restrictors on the twin turbo's removed and it used to really rocket. Unfortunately it just costs to much to maintain, normal 6,000 mile service is about £2,000. When the gear linkage broke one week after its last service I gave up :(
Though it looks very like the Quattroporte (meaning four door) it is actually an earlier rarer model, the Ghibli II Kit Sportivo (possibly the only one in the UK I think). I'm impressed that you got as close as you did with the model though since there aren't many of them about. The police used to stop me just to ask what it was lol

pollobarca

The other Porsche, GX100 handheld with IS. The on board flash is not up to this sort of pic.
iso200 f2,5 at 1/9th sec

T

Thawley

Car photography is what I do for a living. It's been tough the last few years. More and more of the magazines disappearing. Better cameras, younger photographers, lower budgets, less emphasis on quality have dulled a lot of the joy I had 20 years ago when I started. But there are always those special, favorite shots that remind me I still love what I do. This is one:

pollobarca

Nice one Thawley love the colours in the blurred bit behind the car and the excitement from the curve of the road, although I think Will's Maserati shot is even more exciting. Perhaps because the Maserati is overtaking, whereas here the car is being overtaken.

FIAT sell everywhere- heres one I took 6 yrs ago in Nagoya with my first Fuji digicam
( free gift from Esso and it shows...) but I found it strange that in Nagoya there were so many Alfa 147 , Fiat Coupe etc but then I saw a Punto ! Car in front of the Punto was a Mini.
I actually had delivered sample Momo steering wheels (from Turin) to Mitsubishi near Nagoya.

les

A contribution to the rare and unusual - what is it?

View attachment 22197

Well from this angle it's no secret since all the evidence is there - it's a Lafer, a Brazilian copy of a classic MG. Taken in Rio - he was obviously in a hurry to get home to SP since he suddenly shot off before I could get a better view.

(D-Lux 3)

Last edited:

les

A contribution to the rare and unusual - what is it?

View attachment 22211

Well from this angle it's no secret since all the evidence is there - it's an MP Lafer, a Brazilian copy of a classic MG. Taken in Rio - he was obviously in a hurry to get home to SP since he suddenly shot off before I could get a better view.

(D-Lux 3)
Re-posted with number plate fudged (the age we live in) and hopefully with larger image..........but apparently not..........must re-read the faq.