The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My beautifull GR-DII's travel bag.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I like to have bag or case for each of my kits so I know where ever thing is and to have just one thing to grab when traveling out and about. I have found a tiny little bag for the GR-DII and my kit for it.

A new mini-Domke (F-903) case with my GR-DII and possibles packed. Film cassette for scale (remember those?)

View attachment 2162

Every thing packed in there.

View attachment 2163

GR-DII and CV 28/35 min viewer mounted
40mm and adapter with CV 40mm viewfinder (these are packed in the black sack that comes with the 40mm GT-1)
Gepe Combi case with spare battery and 2 SD cards
Third party charger for both wall and car with cable
second battery

The case has the spiffy little handle and very long shoulder strap and belt loop. It makes a nice home for all this when parts aren't in my pocket.

Owen_Coors

Hi, thanks for pointing this new Domke bag out. It looks very nice, to me. The B&H description says it's made from cotton canvas, like my f803 bags...but I can not tell whether all of the fancy extra stitching/design will allow this case to be waterproof...like the f803. Can you add any comment about this?

Owen

johnastovall

The top and sides looks fine. Only area I might have some doubt about are the leather corners. If it did look there was some seepage there, I would just rub all SnoSeal and apply some seam sealant.

I like to have bag or case for each of my kits so I know where ever thing is and to have just one thing to grab when traveling out and about. I have found a tiny little bag for the GR-DII and my kit for it.

A new mini-Domke ... It makes a nice home for all this when parts aren't in my pocket.
Looks like a useful bag indeed; I´ll be sure to take a look at it when I find a shop that carries it.

That said, for me these cameras (in my case the D-lux 3) is for when you DON´T carry a bag at all.... Just the camera in a pocket or belt holster, and a battery and extra card in a shirt pocket. If I have to carry a bag, it would contain at least my Digilux 2, or even my D200. But that´s me...:cool:

johnastovall

I don't carry it when shooting but use it for keeping everything together when traveling.

You might want to check out the Gepe Combi case. Iit'll take the battery and up to 2 SD cards and fits in a pocket. I've used their card cases for year for CF cards for the Canons. The keep sweat and lint off the cards which is big problem here in Texas.

I don't carry it when shooting but use it for keeping everything together when traveling.
OK, that´s a good idea, esp. when flying, of course. Security check won´t like it when everything is in pockets.

You might want to check out the Gepe Combi case. Iit'll take the battery and up to 2 SD cards and fits in a pocket. I've used their card cases for year for CF cards for the Canons.
Yeah, I´ve got one of these (also bought for CF cards), and tried the battery in one half of it; it´s a perfect fit.

The keep sweat and lint off the cards which is big problem here in Texas.
... and spilt beer/coffee/tea & c... - which is an even bigger problem in Stockholm :D

DavidE

Here's a shot of the Gepe case with a Ricoh battery and two SD cards. I can put it in my pants pocket and not worry that my car keys will scratch the cards or short out the battery. It's supposed to be waterproof.

DavidE

Just ordered a Gepe Cobi case in "onyx"
I figured I could have either a red Maserati or a red Gepe case. My practical side won out, and I decided to go for the red Gepe case.

I had a similar conflict over a black Leica M8 versus a black Ricoh GRD2. I sense a trend here.

Lili

I figured I could have either a red Maserati or a red Gepe case. My practical side won out, and I decided to go for the red Gepe case.

I had a similar conflict over a black Leica M8 versus a black Ricoh GRD2. I sense a trend here.
ROFL, understood.

I still have the "black hole" wardrobe thing going on a bit from the Goth days so I understand

Lili

Mine is "neon green" (that obnoxious colour that luminiscent light switches use to glow in). It was the one and only copy in the shop...

But my D-lux 3 is black. Goth cam?? :rolleyes:

Depends, when you use it do you here the Sisters of Mercy's "Dominion" playing?
;)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Here's a shot of the Gepe case with a Ricoh battery and two SD cards. I can put it in my pants pocket and not worry that my car keys will scratch the cards or short out the battery. It's supposed to be waterproof.

This is a very nice idea folks. It's water proof BTW

thomasl.se

Depends, when you use it do you here the Sisters of Mercy's "Dominion" playing?
;)
I tell ya... actually my GRD is so black it hums Rhys Fulber's Worlock rmx like Depeche never happened and goth wasn't something you can buy in the mall. That's on lo-bat. The six hi-lo dim. whistle tones preluding first chorus are courtesy of the ever so black couple GT-1 & GW-1, from the deep dark corner of the daypack. ;)

Lili

I tell ya... actually my GRD is so black it hums Rhys Fulber's Worlock rmx like Depeche never happened and goth wasn't something you can buy in the mall. That's on lo-bat. The six hi-lo dim. whistle tones preluding first chorus are courtesy of the ever so black couple GT-1 & GW-1, from the deep dark corner of the daypack. ;)
Duuuuuuude!
You're GAWTHIN!!!
;)