The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

leica digilux 2 re-visted

D

D upton-Hackett.

Smashing wayne.
Have been biding on several digilux 2 on ebay but the mint condition models go for £5/600 a tad expensive for 5m old camera. waiting for a pany LC1 to come up.

At the same time waiting to see what the DP1a turns out to be.

This photography game sends you mad.

Derek.

M

meilicke

The penguin shot is great. It took me a few moments to figure out what it was. The white of the chest and the background looked the same at first glance.

smokysun

can't take complete credit for the penguin shot! a photo of a screen shot - look on the left and you'll see computer symbols. it is, however, quite different than the original.

paul, just trying to keep up my spirits as the weather changes, the temp to drop 20degreesF tonite. right now i'm sweating. tomorrow eve it's supposed to be snowing. i love summer and hate to see it end.

derek, the sensor in this larger than most small cameras til the dp1 and four thirds. you could blow these up into billboards with modern methods of upscaling and printing. that's always been the fallacy of the megapixel race. the camera has shutter lag, something i don't miss at all, but the lens is a beautiful 2.0, so even tho the higher iso terrible, you can shoot a lot at the low. here are a couple examples from this morning, not cropped. the second two interpretations of posters i have downstairs (honesty in advertising).

best,
wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:
D

D upton-Hackett.

thanks wayne.
shutter lag doesn't bother me and your advice is again welcome. I believe that the difference between the digi 2 and LC1 is just the name/ slightly different body/software and that magic colour that comes through on the photos from the Leica that Steve Huff raves over.

My guess the Leica is the bottom shot. DP1 the top, that's my preference.

Derek.

Last edited: