The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pale Violet and Gold

D

D upton-Hackett.

Aaa! it looks very vulnerable on it's lonesome. although beautiful.

Derek.

pollobarca

The fuji, in your hands, has isolated the bloom very nicely. The slight violet hue on the petals can be seen even on my cheepo Lap top. Very nice shot.

b rgds

paul

Martin S

You captured a very subtle, and difficult color.

Purple, and some violets can be extremely difficult to accurately capture digitally. I know from experience shooting jewelry. A very difficult color to match.

Naturally without seeing the original flower, it is difficult to call it a match, but it looks real good to me.

Makes me think more about the 200 EXR.

Did u use the DR, or HR capture mode???????

Martin

Lili

Derek, thanks :)
Paul, thank you!
Martin, I used EXR DR, there is some clipping in the Yellow highlights as it only chose DR200, I ought to have adjusted exposure by -2/3 ev or used manual DR400 or 800. I do not use HR mode, the EXR sensor while quite good even in HR, is not so as the Super HR CCD in my F60fd at 12mp. But ^mp is more than enough, and the expanded DR w/o ISO limitation is well worth it!
The violet hue, truth be told is almost imperceptible to the unaided eye, I am pleased it came out!

Martin S

Lili

Did u use auto EXR, or did u manually set the EXR value???

Based on ur work and some images in DPreview, I just purchased a 70EXR.

Martin

Lili

Lili

Did u use auto EXR, or did u manually set the EXR value???

Based on ur work and some images in DPreview, I just purchased a 70EXR.

Martin
Martin, I used the DR option in EXR mode; EXR-DR with Auto DR. It chose DR200.
Thanks for the compliment of deciding based on my work. I hope it serves you as well as mine has me :)

Martin S

Just returned from a weekend trip to Vermont. Used the F70EXR for several hundred shots. Results were variable but overall pretty good. The auto EXR tends to use hi ISO's with the usual noise in shadows.

I used the SP setting for "Pro Low Light." This mode takes 4 pictures in rapid succession, and combines them into one. Great idea, but the shots must be precisely in synch, or else a blurry image results. I have to work on that.

Overall, a most advanced camera!!

Thanks again Lill.

Martin

P.S. Jpegs are a little punchy (??over saturated) even with film emulation set for Provia. I may try to change that to Astia. My wish a RAW setting. I guess this camera is aimed at the beginner to intermediate market, so RAW is not an impossibility?????

Lili

Martin,
Glad to have been of influence in your decision
As to too punchy colors, one can desaturate in post
silkypix does so by default without affecting the original jpeg

Martin S

Thanks Lill.

I converted to tiff, and then did my usual post processing (toned down saturation).

Thanks again.

Martin