The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Passing Storm

Lili

My accustomed dinner-time walk was delayed by a huge storm that blew through. I ventured out shortly after the rain stopped.
Something so lovely, yet so violent

Leaving such delicacy behind

Leaving clean, clear and cool air as the Sun set

F200EXR, in EXR-DR auto mode

D

D upton-Hackett.

There is something magical in the light just after a big storm and Lili has it beautifully in the last car park shot lovely.

Derek.

Matix

Those shots are really cool Lili, when I saw that first shot of the fan of the receding storm, it reminded me of a shot I got a couple of years ago in the plains country in NSW, Australia. I was driving, so the shot is not perfect but it was like yours, exciting to see. I was worried that it might hit me, but I only caught the wind and rain, and made my motel ok, the main of the storm dumped golf ball sized hail on our capital Canberra and a couple of towns. Thanks for posting those pics, I love storms and the first and last of yours are excellent.

This is the shot that reminded me of yours... I would have loved to see the front of your storm too.

Phil

Lili

Thanks Phil, love the light and color in your shot!
My Storm on the way was lowering black clouds and wind, like Midnight sweeping in!

Matix

Wow, those black ones are ominous, and when they are dark green you know that something is happening. This storm was really white, and as it was coming at me around sunset, I got some varied colour too. Some more pics here if you want to see the series....http://matix.zenfolio.com/p372889360

Phil