The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First GX-100 pics ...

Lili

Ooooooo
I can see 'em now!!!!
Very much fun, animated people in public, cool shots.
I love most though, that lonely, hooded figure with the bag waiting on the train platform.
The motion blur of the train really adds to the atmosphere :)

kai.e.g.

Now I see the real stuff - they are indeed good. What a face on the first one!! I'm disappointed you didn't re-post my favourite Argument With Fish picture, though.

rich s

Now I see the real stuff - they are indeed good. What a face on the first one!! I'm disappointed you didn't re-post my favourite Argument With Fish picture, though.
Glad the pics can be seen now!
I'm struggling to find the pic you are describing - man at market shouting with fish holding lady ....?! I have nothing like that - maybe a different post?

rich s

Ooooooo
I can see 'em now!!!!
Very much fun, animated people in public, cool shots.
I love most though, that lonely, hooded figure with the bag waiting on the train platform.
The motion blur of the train really adds to the atmosphere :)
- at last they can be viewed! I was copying the right clicked image properties URL and not the image browser URL ... oh well.

HI Lili!

The figure in front of the train was with ISO 800 1/16 sec - I love the controls on this little Ricoh - selecting and adjusting is so easy when you are having to react quickly to light and subject changes.

How well this one works I'm not sure - more impressionist than anything else ..

or this one, so OOF but it kind of helps to animate it perhaps ..

Lili

Rich
I very much like the second one, the motion is cool.
Lili
- at last they can be viewed! I was copying the right clicked image properties URL and not the image browser URL ... oh well.

HI Lili!

The figure in front of the train was with ISO 800 1/16 sec - I love the controls on this little Ricoh - selecting and adjusting is so easy when you are having to react quickly to light and subject changes.

How well this one works I'm not sure - more impressionist than anything else ..

or this one, so OOF but it kind of helps to animate it perhaps ..

rich s

Rich, it's funny... I like the first shot here most of all!

Well Done, and keep posting :)

Kind Regards

Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks!
Since I keep finding myself in strange late night places due to my daughter missing her trains to Newcastle and back, I'm building up a good stock of grainy OOF pics!! A slow walk round Newark to kill more time this evening - a place rich in photo opportunities ...!

rich s

Top photo in the new pair -- very good.
Thanks Michael.
I seem to recall that was quite a snatched shot .. the camera movement was due to the station master pushing past me in hot pursuit of a lad full of ale, who had jumped onto the tracks to reach the opposite platform ....:bugeyes:

So not quite intentional, but the result was ... interesting.
But incidents like that are part of the deal with close street shots, and all part of the fun!

kai.e.g.

I'm struggling to find the pic you are describing - man at market shouting with fish holding lady ....?! I have nothing like that - maybe a different post?
That's just the picture I imagined seeing when none of your pictures were actually showing up yet. I must have been seeing a future picture of yours that you haven't taken yet - sorry for the confusion ;)

rich s

Rich
I very much like the second one, the motion is cool.
Lili
Hi Lili

Thank you - glad you like them.

I does make me wonder sometimes, when I have some very costly DSLR kit, a modest little cam like the GX-100 can bring in some remarkable images that are sometimes very much more in tune with our observation.

But as I mentioned to Brian yesterday, the downside was being stopped in the park by the Police - eager to find out what I been taking snaps of .. Fortunately nothing more sinister than some twisted tree roots, and some distant people shots, but my details were taken and images inspected. What a sign of the times. :(

rich s

That's just the picture I imagined seeing when none of your pictures were actually showing up yet. I must have been seeing a future picture of yours that you haven't taken yet - sorry for the confusion ;)
Aha ...! I can see that I need to get down to the market & find that image !!
Sounds very appealing. I'm in France next week so maybe its waiting for me there!

Lili

Hi Lili

Thank you - glad you like them.

I does make me wonder sometimes, when I have some very costly DSLR kit, a modest little cam like the GX-100 can bring in some remarkable images that are sometimes very much more in tune with our observation.

But as I mentioned to Brian yesterday, the downside was being stopped in the park by the Police - eager to find out what I been taking snaps of .. Fortunately nothing more sinister than some twisted tree roots, and some distant people shots, but my details were taken and images inspected. What a sign of the times. :(
These little cameras are nice aren't they?
As to your Police encounter, that is messed up.
It is not that bad here...yet.