The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

new ricoh

N

nei1

now this is interesting,

Ricoh mirrorless camera
By PR admin | October 17, 2009
Ricoh will have a presentation of a mirrorless APS-C camera on November 12th, 2009. The camera will be available in December 2009. I am expecting more details in the next few days.
This is the information I posted two months ago on this rumor:

Ricoh is working on a compact camera based on Pentax’s K mount. It’s not clear if they would use the exact K mount or the M 4/3 approach by keeping the mount diameter in-tact and reducing the distance so that older K mount lenses still can be used via an adapter and a new series of new “micro K mount” lenses will be introduced.

:rolleyes:

Rawfa

Man, the micro 4/3 system is just a baby in evolutionary therms. A camera like this or the Samsung NX could have the potential to kill it (I know, I know, none of these cameras are out yet...but both intend to use an APS-C sensor on small body, with interchangeable lenses, and both are experience with in the digital photography market).

D

D upton-Hackett.

now this is interesting,

Ricoh mirrorless camera
By PR admin | October 17, 2009
Ricoh will have a presentation of a mirrorless APS-C camera on November 12th, 2009. The camera will be available in December 2009. I am expecting more details in the next few days.
This is the information I posted two months ago on this rumor:

Ricoh is working on a compact camera based on Pentax’s K mount. It’s not clear if they would use the exact K mount or the M 4/3 approach by keeping the mount diameter in-tact and reducing the distance so that older K mount lenses still can be used via an adapter and a new series of new “micro K mount” lenses will be introduced.

:rolleyes:
Neil. this sounds very interesting I will be watching this space for developments, I like my GX200 so very keen to see what transpires.

Derek.

Will

I will now take a pause in my agonizing about which I can't afford to get, a GF1, or an EP1. I feel very loyal to Ricoh so I shall wait to see what they come up with and resumed the agonizing then. They deserve to be included in the list of cameras I still won't be able to afford :p (though I am getting my 5D kit valued so.....)

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
It has to be true. I just ordered a GR-DIII Friday.... And so it goes...

Oh well, I'll wait on my Leica X1...

kweide

Hello Ricoh

If that´s supposed to be true or to come true... uhhh
It will be mine !

But this beautiful looking cam is just a photoshop experiment.... or viral marketing ???

Lili

WAAAAHHHHHH!!!!
That would be an awesome camera!!!!
That image looks based the GX series and so too small to be an APS-C sensor, however, a manual focus lens like the would Rock!

clay stewart

Please, please, please pleeeeease let it be true!

I know this one is a fake image but if they came out with something like it wouldn't it be great!

http://www.callbusy.biz/wordpress/?p=3042/
Looks like a Gx100 flash head. So this would be ( with 1.5 crop) a 22.5 mm F4.0. lens. I wonder how large a 28 2.0 or 2.8 would be. It's interesting. If you can clean the sensor, without having to send it to Japan, they might just have a winner.

Tim

I see these as different cameras - well, because they are :) . My GRDs are going nowhere no matter what comes out.
sizifo, I agree, and my GRDs are staying as well - but my LX3 and DP2 could be in trouble. :eek:

This Ricoh would be more interesting than the Leica X1, don't forget Ricoh themselves have made some awesome glass in the past. The Ricoh M-Mount lenses are sought after and fetch ridiculous prices so even Ricoh's own glass for such a camera would be worthy of examination. :lecture: