The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First impressions of GR-DIII

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Got mine on Friday after playing who's got the package with the post office.

Initial reaction, well worth upgrading to. The new layout of information on the screen is much more usable, seems better at higher ISO (can not confirm this my iMac died Saturday morning), the setting of the distance for Snap is to my way of thinking a big improvement and yet it retains all the features and pocketablity of the II.

I'm happy to see Ricoh working to refine the design rather than just adding more bells and whistles.

Once I can get the iMac fixed, the GR-DII will go on the block and I'll have some images to post.

Does anyone know of a good little case for it with a CV Min 35/28 finder on it?

O

Oxide Blu

John - be sure to check your firmware version. Ricoh tossed out a new firmware update a few weeks ago.

Enjoy your now camera. I'd like to know your impression of the auto-tracking feature when you get around to playing with it.