The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My DP2 on it's way.

D

D upton-Hackett.

Sorry if I'm being boring but on Wednesday/ Thursday will have my Sigma +extras in my hand, WooHoo.:D:D

may I ask your help, after downloading the manual and reading it several times can I ask your advice on in-camera set up. I realise that settings are a personal thing so just as a guide.

Colour Mode Standard-Vivid-Neutral which is best.

Picture Settings.

Contrast +/-
Sharpness +/- By how much.
Saturation +/-

Will be shooting Jpg until used to camera.
Thank you. Derek.

otumay

Derek, so nice to hear that! I hope you like the DP2 as much as I like my DP1. Do share your shots.
Cheers,
Osman

Tim

Derek,

Please, please download a copy of SPP, you get a CD with this with the DP2 but you can download the full latest version here.

http://sigma-dp.com/DP2/photopro.html

Its IMHO THE most easy to use RAW processor of the lot and the results you get from processing the RAW files is much more detail and a lot of control over the final image - its quite easy to use just move the sliders about till you get what you like. If you have a real old PC then maybe its not possible to use but I am running it on an old dual core 1 CPU with 1Gb RAM and its fine.

IMHO the jpg from the DP2 are not real great at all - they may print to postcard size ok?

Terry

Congrats and good luck with it. I know you've been working at getting it for a while. Enjoy.

smokysun

incredible. there's an imbedded jpeg in the x3 file! never knew that. just installed

http://www.exifpro.com/download.html

under tools it says extract jpeg and you can do it to the original file source. it works and it's really interesting to have jpegs to evaluate. and they look pretty good for jpegs! just did 600 pics in less than two minutes.

thanks. probably more tips i haven't gotten to.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. trying his batch processing to jpegs from raw at the highest level in spp with the x3f manner. it's slow but gives much better (and larger) jpegs.

Last edited:
D

D upton-Hackett.

Gosh lots of information and advise I thank you all for your enthusiasm.

sender has posted it special delivery so will arrive Wednesday before noon .

It is possable may have to update the camera version, I believe there have been up to 3 updates for the DP2, do i only need to update camera with the last Version?

Thanks Derek.