The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First Photos with New GRD2

DavidE

Here are some of the first shots from my new GRD2. The last three were taken today.

I really like this small camera. It's finding a permanent place on my belt ("don't leave home without it").

ShiroKuro

David ,
I really like the 1st tree shot ..... the way the clouds outline the branches of the trees ... the clouds become the leaves of the tree ..... I keep coming back to this one .... the illusion is very cool .

DavidE

That's what I liked about the tree shots, as well -- the interplay between the tree branches and the clouds behind them. On the second tree shot, it seems as though the small branch on the left is shooting out the clouds to the middle tree and causing it to bloom. I tried to process the shots to make the branches more feathery and the sky bluer in order to accentuate the effect.

Thanks of your comments, ShiroKuro. I didn't know if anyone else would find the tree photos to be interesting.

DavidE

More fun with the GRD2 and isolated color.

Trying to find that place between B&W and color, where you have the focus on form and geometry that you get with B&W, but also have the benefit of color (if muted) for a sense of realism and emphasis (if that makes sense).

Last edited:

Will

I very much like the second tree shot and the one of the dog facing the camera with the sad looking duck is really funny. Looks like the duck as trying to say with it's eyes 'get me a way from this mad dog!"

The last 'low colour' image is an interesting concept and I like it a lot. There is something about extremes that I think makes images more interesting, either the hard setting on the GRD2 (which is what helps to make GRD2 images so striking) or B&W for example. The extreme edge between colour and B&W is maybe another good area to explore. Nice work.

DavidE

Thanks for your comments, Will.

Processing the photos is turning out to be as much fun as capturing them.