The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

my favorite brush

gallery7

i bought the grd 1 as it's such a brilliant little B+W machine but i find myself shooting high iso color more often than not.

either way it's a fun little beast that can be had for a song!

Last edited:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Good to see ya here John. We have all missed the flavor of your images.
I had the GX 200 for a spell and found the high ISO not something I wanted to deal with.
You seem to be doing ok with the Ricoh. Bar none, Ricoh has the best interface.

Don't be a stranger...Don

gallery7

well i appreciate the warm reception Don! these days a lot of the work i shoot is going somewhere before i even press the shutter but on occasion i pop out and take photo's for the hell of it! i will make sure i chime in a touch more frequently!

gallery7

well my friend, spending as much time behind these infernal machines as i do it is quite a joy to just stick a point and shoot in people faces with little work.

Don, did you pick up an ep-1?

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
John,
Yes, I picked up an EP1 with the kit 14-42 and also the 17mm & finder.
It's a great camera with a nice interface.
I also picked up a G1 the other day with the 14-45. Much different way of working but I feel that if I'm staying in the m4/3 camp, I might as well have both form factors.

How are you making out?

sizifo

I like the first three quite a lot, especially the last of that set. Re: the last one. I'm developing a slight aversion to shots that are obviously "from the hip", probably since I've taken a large number of horrible ones. They too often lack the feeling that there was a deliberate impulse from the photographer, especially as far as the composition. Having said that, the reflection does work ok.

gallery7

thanx Sizifo. truthfully i have lost my street shooting passion these days. i shoot a lot of press and documentary (which i am totally committed to) and it is just plain fun to set up the grd on snap and literally SNAP. with that being said the "hip shot" stuff is a touch cliche, i agree.

hi Don! well, i have been pondering retiring the M's for the work end of things and was considering a pair of ep-1's. not in a real rush as i just picked up a few hundred rolls of tri-x and that will last me until january. i suppose my only real concerns are dynamic range and durability. pixel peeping this vs that is pretty much irrelevant to me... decent dynamic range, reasonable durability and a useable 1600 (color) and i am happy! i was thinking one with the 17mm and finder for the auto focus end of things and one with a VC 15mm and finder for what i love best, the scale focus gig.

i would like very much to hear your thoughts. i do of course know you have sung it's praises briefly elsewhere so i appreciate the effort!

john