The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What future GXR modules would you most like to see?

Tim

A true monochrome sensor (CCD) with no AA filter, no Bayer filter and a native ISO of 100 and as large as possible sensor. Couple this with a 50mm equivalent 50/1.4 lens and I might buy one.
hmm, interesting thought, :thumbup: I wonder what other competition there is for such a device - none me thinks!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
200 mm f/2 lens with a deep infrared pre-filtered sensor coupled with an infrared flash with a long throw reflector.

V

Vivek

ohhh, Vivek, careful how you say this, I got a verbal beating :cry: for saying the wrong thing about the G1 looks!

But I know what you mean! ;)
Tim, Verbal beating?! My G1s have no logos (LUMIX, or the golden L)and usually have an unmarked Computar TV 25/1.3 lens.

Just the way I like it.:D

V

Vivek

A true monochrome sensor (CCD) with no AA filter, no Bayer filter and a native ISO of 100 and as large as possible sensor. Couple this with a 50mm equivalent 50/1.4 lens and I might buy one.
I would take one if it comes with an interchangeable lens mount. :D

Anyone have any suggestions on how to unglue a sensor cover plate attached to a sensor on a flex board? Had that not been the case, I would have been using a monochrome G1 for a while now.

S

setmajer

µ4/3, most definitely. Ricoh UI + large(ish) sensor + compact lenses + options to go more portable or lower noise/shallower DOF = epic photography WIN.

And I'd only have to sell off my GF-1 body, not the lenses. As it is, though, the GF-1 is still a better 'big brother' to my pair of GRD1s.

Tim

Tim, Verbal beating?!
- yeah, I once said the G1 had a faux pentaprism (oh no, not again! :angry:), I meant it with love as I really like the G1, but it didnt go down well.

I was going to suggest a pinhole lens for the Ricoh GXR, but I guess all you need is any lens mount module and drill a hole in the body cap.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I would take one if it comes with an interchangeable lens mount. :D

Anyone have any suggestions on how to unglue a sensor cover plate attached to a sensor on a flex board? Had that not been the case, I would have been using a monochrome G1 for a while now.
I was going to add an M-Mount to that list but decided to keep it simple.