The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GF1 Award

Terry

I had a look at that Sony link. The killer for me is the fact that it says memory stick. Yuck. I had the fastest Sony memory stick as my back up card on my A900. With my CF card I essentially never had to wait on the camera. When switching over to the memory stick the camera noticeably slowed down. It also means on the road I have to take multiple card readers as I have a fast CF firewire reader (for big A900 files), SD slot on my computer and then would need another reader for memory stick. Bummer.

Lili

Terry, it says in the specs it can use both Memory Sticks AND SD/SDHC cards.
Even in their phones, Sony is moving away from the Sticks.
:)

Terry

Terry, it says in the specs it can use both Memory Sticks AND SD/SDHC cards.
Even in their phones, Sony is moving away from the Sticks.
:)
Great because I stopped when I saw the weight of 440 grams and it says "with memory stick media"

trisberg

That flash shoe on top of the camera looks a bit odd - is that the same as the use on their DSLRs? Does that mean that you might not be able to fit a standard optical viewfinder?

-Thomas