The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Night images

kai.e.g.

I love that shot, Sizifo! The glare does not bother me, on the contrary, it adds additional texture to what would otherwise be a (nearly) complete silouhette... and because of that, the person in the foreground is connected to the upper part of the picture in a way which I don't think would be as true were the building completely solid black.

sizifo

Thanks for all the comments! I'm ok with the flare as well. It just bothered me that it is neither in the frame nor out of it. I might yet do some copying and pasting.

I find the different interpretations of the image interesting. Some people thought it was a mural. I get a feeling some of you think the black object is a building some distance from the woman. Of course it's impossible to judge without having been there. In reality, the background is just a fence around a building site, a few meters from the camera. Plus, I should add the image is hardly manipulated at all, other than b&w and levels.

bbodine9

Don,

Good clean B&W photo. Any pp or is it an in camera jpeg setting?
How do you like the EP-1 in comparison to the DP1?

Thanks!

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Don,

Good clean B&W photo. Any pp or is it an in camera jpeg setting?
How do you like the EP-1 in comparison to the DP1?

Thanks!
Thank You.
The Pen is a great camera. Can't really compare to the DP1 as they are really different. I will say that the Pen is great in low light where the DP is, well anyway, I am enjoying it.
The image is a raw file thru LR, PS4 but mainly Silver Effex.
Don