The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Night images

O

Oxide Blu

I'm going to have to disagree with the ever lovely Lili and say the color images are equally appealing -- and I adore B&W photography. I keep going back to he second and third images, the ones with the blue lines in them as my favs.

Excellent work, the lot of them, Will. :thumbs:

pollobarca

Will,
the second shot is fthe one I get most pleasure from viewing. All are great pictures though, the first is very exciting .

b rgds

paul

Lili

Will, I went back through them and love the second color one too, that strong blue line makes it.
Here is one of my night shots; F200exr

iso 1600, 1/4 sec handheld

Will

Thanks Paul, I like the last one best I think but I was pleased with all of them. It is surprising how clean they came out with a bit of levels adjustment in CS2 to make the night sky black.

Lilli I love the single star in yours, and you've again managed to capture that other worldly feeling so characteristic of some of your work. Great shot.

Lili

Thanks Will, back on night shift now so my War of the Worlds ethos will be back more often now ;)

D

D upton-Hackett.

Lili and Will.

just admire all your beautiful work. gives me inspiration thank you.

The absolutely shocking storms we are having here are preventing me taking my DP2 for its daily walk, I can feel its lens on me asking Why.

helenhill

hey Will...Hope YOU don't mind a few film shots :)
Its a FAB thread and couldn't RESIST You or the Night Light

M6ttl /nokton 1.5 /neopan1600
please click on to make BIGGER

sizifo

Great thread for the winter months. By chance I uploaded a few night shots recently, so, here are two

Cool shots helen, especially the smokey one.

Will

Helen those are lovely images, especially the biriyani steam shot, and as for them not being small sensor I would say no sensor at all is as small as you can get one ;)

Sizifo the swans are superb!

helenhill

Will. You had me in a Fit of Giggles... Cheers & THANX

Sizifo, Thanx and I agree w/Will ...the Swans are SUPERB !!

Will

Lili and Will.

just admire all your beautiful work. gives me inspiration thank you.

The absolutely shocking storms we are having here are preventing me taking my DP2 for its daily walk, I can feel its lens on me asking Why.
Thanks Derek. I hope you are through the worst of the storms. We in Essex have been lucky enough to miss the worst of them.

Will

Love that image Sizifo!

Would look good without the glare but I really like it with the glare as well, sort of balances better.

Lili

hey Will...Hope YOU don't mind a few film shots :)
Its a FAB thread and couldn't RESIST You or the Night Light

M6ttl /nokton 1.5 /neopan1600
please click on to make BIGGER
Helen, film is just fine, and these very Noir, love the drama :)

Lili

Love that image Sizifo!

Would look good without the glare but I really like it with the glare as well, sort of balances better.
I completely agee with Will here, the glare balances it. Sizifo, great shot, very very atmospheric