The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Aperture 2.1 upgrade is out

nostatic

And it includes a dodge and burn plug-in. Very cool. Some other bits and (presumably) bug fixes. Seems like it might be a little quicker on my dual G5. Haven't upgraded the laptop (intel) yet.

nostatic

why do you have that ugly wave messing up your nice purple picture? :p

I didn't see anything like that when I played with it, but it seems like this is a separate "plug-in" so we'll see how it goes...

otumay

Anyone compared Aperture to Photoshop CS3 or Lightroom, lately? I use both Adobe software (LR for usual work, CS3 for heavy editing or problematic shots) and am very curious about the comparative strengths and weaknesses of Aperture.

jonoslack

Oh WOW!
For me, dodge and burn was really the last thing I wanted with aperture - and it works soooo well too!
What's even better is that the resulting .tif file is kept (by default) with the original file, and not in the Aperture library.

Aperture gets better and better - the days when I was dithering between aperture and lightroom have long since gone. The tools are really cool, work properly, and it's certainly no slouch on my 24"imac.
:toocool::grin::clap::salute::clap:

C

Colman

Make a back-up of your library before upgrading: it ate mine on one machine!