The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP2 and Franiec Grip

P

Paul B

Hello.
I have a DP2 on the way along with a wrist strap from Gordy. Question: will the wrist strap still work if using the grip fabricated by Richard Franiec? I'm unable to tell from the pictures I've seen.
Thanks.
Paul

D

D upton-Hackett.

Gosh thanks for posting that. I use a wrist strap and thinking of buying the same grip.
It wont belong before we get an answer.

P

Paul B

Streetshooter, thank you.

D upton-Hackett, my soon to be other camera is a GX200. The grip on this has led me to want the grip for the DP2.

Paul

Brian Mosley

Hi Don,

what's this about a 1/2 rubber washer by the focus wheel? is there a thread / illustration describing this with benefits?

Also, I'm interested in the grip mentioned - any links to illustration / experience / purchase?

Cheers

Brian

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
To start,
Richard Franiec makes all the little parts thatmake the camera enjoyable.
The grip adds the feel that the camera lacks. It takes maybe a minute to install.

The washer idea came up on a different forum but has been discussed around here...

The focus wheel on the DP1 is very easy to move. Take a small rubber washer, like the kind used for faucet seats, and cut it slightly more than half. Then a small drop of crazy glue on the washer to hold it in place just under the wheel. Not touching the wheel but very close. This gives the thumb a place to rest or hit without changing focus.
It adds just the right amount of tension. I also installed it on the DP2.

A link to the site.
http://www.kleptography.com/rf/

D

D upton-Hackett.

D upton-Hackett, my soon to be other camera is a GX200. The grip on this has led me to want the grip for the DP2.

Paul
Nice one the GX200 is great camera liked by many enjoy.

D

D upton-Hackett.

Streetshooter.

Hmm that little washer sounds fiddly. having small hands have yet to catch the focus wheel so may give that a miss.

Sending for my grip new year.

Howard

I agree that Richards products improve the handling and enjoyment of a camera. I have an IR converted Canon G9 and I have Richard's grip and thumb pad and after I installed them, I wondered why Canon did not design the camera to include them.