The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The new thread for images from old cameras

Will

Thought it might be nice to remind ourselves how good some of the old cameras were. Not a competition to see who has the earliest images but more for good images from the many good cameras we used to use. Have a look through your old files and see what you find.

Taken in Norway on 4th July 2002 with an Olympus C3040Z

D

D upton-Hackett.

This was taken on Fijifilm finepix f402.

Me and a freind on a walk reccy. Jan 07.
We both are wearing Tilly winter hats, this photo appeared on the next Tilly winter catalogue, that's my only claim to fame.:):)

Last edited:
D

D upton-Hackett.

Nice seasonal image.
You appear to have lost your skis!
Thanks will the camera used was borrowed i was in-between cameras so no PP at all.

Useless at skiing:grin::grin:

V

Vivek

You folks are an awesome bunch! :thumbs:

Good thread and I will be watching/enjoying.

helenhill

What Fun Indeed....:)
1963 & 1968 M Film cameras....

please click on to make BIGGER

Last edited:

bensonga

Here are a few shots from Rhyolite and Death Valley Nat. Park....all taken with a four megapixel Canon G2 in 2003.

Gary

Will

A shot of a blue acrylic perfume bottle concept including a red LED

Nickon E800 1999

A tripod is the sharpest lens...

A tripod is the sharpest camera – All the picture in this post were made with a pocket tripod. You can either press it against a wall, a hydrant, a car. Even hand-held, with the tripod in your left hand and the camera with your right hand: your pictures will be as sharp as you never thought possible with a pocket camera.

In Prague with the Canon Digital ixus 700 (PowerShot SD500 Digital ELPH)

Panasonic Lumix FX01

100% crop

bensonga

October 2002. Canon Pro90IS. Looking back now, I'm amazed at what could be done with only 2.6 megapixels.

Gary

otumay

I don't know if this qualifies for this thread, as the camera may not contain a small-size sensor. Olympus Camedia E-20 in Rajasthan, India, 2003.

Osman

pjphoto59

E20 sensor was 8.8 x 6.6 mm = 58.08 sq mm. 4/3 sensor is 17.4 x 13.1 mm = 227 sq mm. So the E20 sensor was just under 1/4 the size of 4/3. I had an E20, enjoyed it a lot and eventually traded in for an E1.

It might be the biggest camera ever relative to the sensor size! But that that was how things were only 8 years ago.

Great picture by the way...

Peter Jordan