The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Spring has Sprung

jonoslack

HI There
It'll probably be winter again tomorrow, but just now spring has definitely sprung.

Here are a couple of shots with the GX100:
soon that old bike will have disappeared under the nettles (it's springs are definitely sprung!).:

Here is the first of the plum blossom outside our front door:

Let's see your spring shots (apologies for those living down under).

Brian Mosley

I'll have to get back to you on this one... the sun has set for today, but I just wanted to say I like your first shot... great camouflage!

We missed you at the weekend by the way ;)

Kind Regards

Brian

ShiroKuro

I got so busy I missed spring this year
Here are a few from the last spring .......

Olympus C8080 WZ

Last edited:

ShiroKuro

lol .... spring is not over ... Just that I meant to be in Japan this week and got held up with my job .... By the time I arrive the cherry blossoms will be gone ... I am in Hawaii .... all the seasons just melt into one long summer .....

The Geisha in the Photo is a man ... The pose is a traditional Geisha pose ,,,, this guy was just cruising around drinking everyones sake ..... very funny watching people watch him ...

The Plum blossoms are also very beautiful ,,,, your photographs remind me of my neighborhood in japan.... Thanks

jonoslack

lol .... spring is not over ... Just that I meant to be in Japan this week and got held up with my job .... By the time I arrive the cherry blossoms will be gone ... I am in Hawaii .... all the seasons just melt into one long summer .....
My heard bleeds for you :p

The Geisha in the Photo is a man ... The pose is a traditional Geisha pose ,,,, this guy was just cruising around drinking everyones sake ..... very funny watching people watch him ...
I'd looked and thought 'that's a bloke' and then I thought not, but I'm glad you've confirmed it.

The Plum blossoms are also very beautiful ,,,, your photographs remind me of my neighborhood in japan.... Thanks
Thank you - I can see our plum blossom out of the bedroom window when I'm having a bath . . (yes, we do have a bath in the bedroom!).
it's a lovely time of year.

bbodine9

Really like the second one Jono. How are you getting along with the GX100? Do you miss not having a viewfinder to use? That would be the hardest part for me so I think the evf would have to be in play even though it does not seem to get very good reviews.

Terry

I love this shot. It is just so much fun.

helenhill

ShiroKuro
THAT SERIES IS DIVINE.....Everyone including the Flowers
are DRUNK ON SPRING
Cheers! Helen

Will

Lovely Will
What was wrong with your GRDII. . . are they good on the repairs?
all the best
Many thanks Jono, it was one of my first shots using the GT-1 converter.

I dropped my GR skiing and the built in lens cover stopped closing, also since it was minus 20 centigrade I think it effected the glue on the rubber grip which came loose. I've only just sent it for repair so I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Will

Been having fun with my GRD1 while the GRD2 is in hospital

I didn't spot the insect until I was doing pp

And one in B&W