The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A conversation with Basil

jonoslack

Just the one tooth then?
I really like these - I'll have to see if I can grab our Chris - trouble is he's 6ft 8 with hands like dinner plates, and one wouldn't like to irritate him!
Which camera?

Will

They were taken with my GRD2, which is sadly in for repair atm.

Glad you like them, Basil has been working for my family since 1938 but he did take a break for a couple of years to help the Royal Air Force during WW2!

He really likes to talk, and he is very interesting so I like to listen.

jonoslack

They were taken with my GRD2, which is sadly in for repair atm.
Sorry to hear about that
Glad you like them, Basil has been working for my family since 1938 but he did take a break for a couple of years to help the Royal Air Force during WW2!

He really likes to talk, and he is very interesting so I like to listen.
Just the one tooth then!
If he's been working for your family all that time, I think it would be kind to buy him a new tractor, that one looks a little . . .er .. . elderly!
Whereabouts are you?

Will

He wouldn't want a new tractor he likes the challenge of keeping it running. At weekends he spends his time helping restore old steam engines so the tractor is not very old by comparison.

Our farm is in Essex.

A not very well done panorama

This one is with a Canon 5D

Last edited:

jonoslack

There's nothing quite like a cow!
(taken with an E3)

That barn looks wonderful - when's the conversion coming?

Does Basil do his steam engines at Bressingham? (very close to us)

ecliffordsmith

Hi Will,

A nice series and it seems like a nice part of Essex where your farm is. Whereabouts exactly please? I once lived in Shalford in the north of the county.

Will/Jono,

Nice cow shots! I dont see many of those around here!

Will

Thought people might like to know that, even though I caused the damage to my GRD2, Ricoh declined to give me an estimate for repair, and instead sent it back repaired at no charge! Have to say that I'm very impressed.