The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Don´t forget the Digilux 2!

Since I got the D-lux 3 two months ago, I haven´t used my trusty old Digilux 2 very much. But it´s still capable of (technically) excellent results, and the controls are just perfect.

Here are a few recent shots from Stockholm:

helenhill

Per Oferbeck :
Your shots are Quite Beautiful.......

the digilux 2 is a gem / here is one I took with it :)

A

asabet

Beautiful shots all. The Digilux 2 is one of my all-time favorite cameras. Here's one of mine:

Mike, Amin, Simon: this is just too much!....:)

Such lovely images; made me browse the archives some more (BTW, with this camera, almost all my captures are jpg´s; raw´s just too slow...):

Terry

Yesterday when I was sorting through some documents I came across the paperwork from Leica with my D2 repair time estimate....that date came and went when they were backlogged and out of stock on sensors....and I swapped to the M8. That is the camera that got me back into Photography. From the archive and near Helen's shot. By the way Tony at Popflash had 4 refurbs with one year warranty at good prices earlier in the week.

helenhill

All the Shots are QUITE FAB

BUT TERRY: I luv your CP shot
I much prefer yours to mine......... its lovely the green, yellows & earth tones
Cheers! Helen

Terry

All the Shots are QUITE FAB

BUT TERRY: I luv your CP shot
I much prefer yours to mine......... its lovely the green, yellows & earth tones
Cheers! Helen
LOL, because I loooooooove yours and unless you know where that is nobody would believe that you are in NY and that where you are standing is completely urban.

Joan

These shots are all just sublime ... swaying me towards buying the D2. Thanks for sharing all, YUM!!

smokysun

like others, i'd put my d2 away when it came back from solms with a new sensor. then today i approached burnout (as described elsewhere by guy). went to circuit city and thought, 'maybe a g9'. came home and read sean's review and the one on luminous landscape. then looked at pbase pics taken with it. no, not worth another 500 dollars, i thought. then i remembered this thread and pulled out the d2. my interest in pictures revived and i tried a bunch. it really is a remarkable camera. leica blew it on its followup.

Last edited:
Wayne, great to see your images in this thread! I´ve followed your work with the D2 with awe and admiration; your pbase pages are wonderful; I´d gladly link to them here, but since you seem to have elected not to do so yourself, I hesitate. You´re a master of drama in lighting, as we see here.

Praktinafan, I like your "study in blue" a lot too!

smokysun

hi per,
thanks much for the compliments. i just never think to give the link. here it is. for those interested, dial down the page. i've used lots of cameras, done a lot of experimenting, etc. some of my favorites very modest, like the elphs 230/400. everybody welcome.
wayne

www.pbase.com/wwp

smokysun

it's probably been mentioned, but one thing i like about the d2 is the malleability of its files, as this thread shows. here's one from the same hour about the house and neighborhood a couple days ago, more at www.pbase.com/wwp/d2

Last edited: