The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First Shots with my GRD II • Firefight

V

VladimirV

Amazing shots, really like the 3rd one. Perfect composition and colors.
If these are your first shots, I can't wait to see your next shots :).

thomasl.se

Smoke in B&W, gimme. #2: take away the small S, giving the large S and triangel some space, and it's a shot for the wall. Still a very good one. I like the kind of serene look of the asphalt through the smoke; to me this picture catpures both some of the drama and the business as usual sides of the scene.

D

dickinsonjon

Excellent shots, really great stuff. Like the colour usage in the last one, well I like them all really. Brilliant.

helenhill

Every Picture tells A Story........WONDERFUL
#3 really pulls me in /but their all Great!
Cheers ! helen :clap:

Lili

Those are some good documentary type shots!!!
Lolve the two firefighters and the one with hoses curving away :)

S

Sun

Many thanks for the comments.. v. much appreciated :)
thomasl.se: will give that a try and post the results soon!

Thanks everyone.

G

GaryC

Sun,
Nice work!!! Especially on #3, in my view. If I had taken that, I would feel great joy, and gratitude.

Gary

P

PeterLeyssens

Hi,

First of all, let me agree with all of the above: your shots are great and I'm very impressed. I really like the way you work with the contrast and how you've used the colour in shot 3. But, seeing one shot like this, it feels a bit gimicky. It's very well done, but if I would see an exhibit with only one photograph that was treated like this, I would think: "oh, he wanted to show off his Photoshop skills here." I think the effect of your processing in yellow is so good that it might be interesting to see what happens if you do the same to all 3 shots. You could make a Montreal street documentary with all B&W, but the firefighter shots in yellow to let them stand out as a series about one topic. Just an example, of course.

Peter.