The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

disappointed, until

Don Ellis

Beautiful, Wayne... I'm especially fond of the moody 1 and 3. The first one could be infrared, for that matter. Well done.

Don

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Wayne,
by the by.....have you ever printed anything from the DP1?
I just got a lot of prints back from many different cameras and, well...the Sigma looks great.
Don

smokysun

yes, i've done wonderful 20 by 30 from costco. unfortunately, you have to give them jpegs. still, at the price (10 dollars) they're great and i've given them as presents and sold one. it's really a great way to impress at least your friends. also, i adjusted them in photoshop. if i had photozoom or genuine fractals, i've no doubt they would be even better.

here are a couple more from this same afternoon. it's always worth going back and see if you can wring something out of what you took. that way the day doesn't seem wasted.

i did send for the lensmate adapter, as they say eliminating the ring adapter will eliminate a lot of distortion and chromatic aberration. working on these i see the drawbacks of the oem. i'll let you know if the lensmate improves things.

i'm convinced this is one of the best b&w cameras out there. (though the prints i've had made in color. the files very pliable.)

wayne
www.pbase.com/pbase

ps. the barnack photos did get accepted. you can see them at http://www.leica-oskar-barnack-award.com/#/en/contest/oskar-barnack-award-2010-entries/pease/1 very exciting for me. your help invaluable.

Last edited:

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Congrats on the Actors Wayne,
Looks like a winner to me and I'm sure many others.
Please keep us all informed as to the progress....

Yes, the DP1 is very hard to beat. The prints from it are STUNNING!

Don

smokysun

had a 20X30 print done of the pinecone. it's beautiful. (used the demo of the photozoom pro 3 for resizing. using a dedicated resizor makes a difference.)

back at the same area today with the lensmate adaptor. definitely cut the chromatica aberration. corners still a bit soft. compare with the ones done at the same lake, no wide angle converter:

http://www.pbase.com/wwp/horse

i think expanding the lens to 21mm really helps the landscape aspect. here are several varieties from today:

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:

smokysun

still playing with these from yesterday. turned one into an extreme negative with silver efex, then used a negative adj layer in cs3 to change it back into a positive. one way to get an engraving! (and it shows how much detail the dp1 picks up, even with a conversion lens.)

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited: