The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Its Snowing in Dallas

Dale Allyn

Great to see, Lili. Must be great fun for you folks who don't get snow too often. We had a bit of snow this year too (we don't usually get more than a slight dusting). We had 8 to 10 inches in one storm this year, which is the most we've seen in 20 years.

Ain't global warming great? ;)

Lili

Thank you, David
Yes, supposedly the most snow we've seen in 30+ years
I fear trying to drive tomorrow :eek:

D

D upton-Hackett.

Lili.

If you don't see snow that often can just hear that bird saying "What the hells happening here".

Lovely pic too.

pollobarca

Nice work Lili. Snow must be a shocker for you ! Hope your drive went ok.
Wednesday I was in Bern.left hotel at 08:35
Had to dig the car out then start driving. Navigators give instructions to turn left even if one is driving downhill on icy roads!!! Drove about 200kms through snow
. In frankfurt it started snowing again in the late afternoon.Thursday took a plane,3 hours delay due to de icing and runway clearing.

Heres the Japanese Embassy in Bern, very Zen concrete:

Diane B

You all have a ton of it--12.5 inches I heard awhile ago. We had 8 inches just before Christmas--a foot about a week ago or so. We don't get too much snow here in the NC foothills north of Charlotte, BUT--its snowing again. Dadgumit--it was to go SOUTH of Charlotte and give those Charlestonians and Savannah folks 3 inches--they will be thrilled because they never get snow. In the South in US everything just stops for snow of any consequence--airports in Atlanta closing down, other places. I love snow--I came from Pennsylvania years ago here (though i can easily see it in our mts. 45 min. away)--but enough is enough folks. My jonquils are erupting from the ground and camellias are waiting to bloom LOL>

Diane

bensonga

Very nice photos Lili! I know for many people it's a joy to experience snow when you don't get it very often, especially if you don't have to be out driving on slippery roads.

What kind of bird is that in the second photo? Some of the feathers seem to have a bluish-black color.

Lots of snow up here in Alaska of course. Here's a photo I took a few days ago from my front door. My front deck is buried under there somewhere.

Gary

Lili

Great to see, Lili. Must be great fun for you folks who don't get snow too often. We had a bit of snow this year too (we don't usually get more than a slight dusting). We had 8 to 10 inches in one storm this year, which is the most we've seen in 20 years.

Ain't global warming great? ;)
Ooops in my first reply I used the wrong first name for you, aoplogies I was sleepy :(

Lili

Nice work Lili. Snow must be a shocker for you ! Hope your drive went ok.
Wednesday I was in Bern.left hotel at 08:35
Had to dig the car out then start driving. Navigators give instructions to turn left even if one is driving downhill on icy roads!!! Drove about 200kms through snow
. In frankfurt it started snowing again in the late afternoon.Thursday took a plane,3 hours delay due to de icing and runway clearing.

Heres the Japanese Embassy in Bern, very Zen concrete:
Thanks Paul :)
I ws off both today and yesterday, so my drive was ok.
Lovely shot too :)
Speaking of Zen I DID drive across town to the archery range to pick up some supplies and practice with my bow.
Been a while, I needed both the practice and the excercise...it was safe tho messy drive.
Snow is so beautiful...till it melts :p

Lili

You all have a ton of it--12.5 inches I heard awhile ago. We had 8 inches just before Christmas--a foot about a week ago or so. We don't get too much snow here in the NC foothills north of Charlotte, BUT--its snowing again. Dadgumit--it was to go SOUTH of Charlotte and give those Charlestonians and Savannah folks 3 inches--they will be thrilled because they never get snow. In the South in US everything just stops for snow of any consequence--airports in Atlanta closing down, other places. I love snow--I came from Pennsylvania years ago here (though i can easily see it in our mts. 45 min. away)--but enough is enough folks. My jonquils are erupting from the ground and camellias are waiting to bloom LOL>

Diane
Diane, my best friends carport collapsed on their new car, a TON of snow is precise in that instance.
Seriously we get that sometimes in heavy rains, noone here build rooks with enough pitch for snow!
Of course we only get this much every 40-50 years...

Lili

Very nice photos Lili! I know for many people it's a joy to experience snow when you don't get it very often, especially if you don't have to be out driving on slippery roads.

What kind of bird is that in the second photo? Some of the feathers seem to have a bluish-black color.

Lots of snow up here in Alaska of course. Here's a photo I took a few days ago from my front door. My front deck is buried under there somewhere.

Gary
Gary thank you :)

That is Male Grackle, they are colored black with iridescent highlights

The first one is the female :)

Yowie!!!! thats a LOT of snow, haven't seen that much since I was very little and in Fargo.
North Dakota
Dontcha know
;)

Good Morning All

Here are a few DNG'S of the 11 inches I got here in Hurst (Suburb of Dallas and Ft Worth). The trees took the brunt of it with limbs and branches down everywhere. Also, some roofs collapsed. Many places got more than a foot of very wet snow. Not too many traffic problems due to the temperature only a few degrees below freezing. This was our largest snowfall in a 24 hour period on record but nothing compared to the recent snowfalls in the east coast states. The storms that cause the most serious problems in this area are ice storms when the roads get covered with sheet ice and become flat out undriveable. Panasonic G1, ISO-100, kit lens, F/6.3, tripod mounted.

Paul

Last edited:

Lili

From my F200EXR, cropped a tad and saturation boosted otherwise untouched; remarkable DR

Lili

Good Morning All

Here are a few DNG'S of the 11 inches I got here in Hurst (Suburb of Dallas and Ft Worth). The trees took the brunt of it with limbs and branches down everywhere. Also, some roofs collapsed. Many places got more than a foot of very wet snow. Not too many traffic problems due to the temperature only a few degrees below freezing. This was our largest snowfall in a 24 hour period on record but nothing compared to the recent snowfalls in the east coast states. The storms that cause the most serious problems in this area are ice storms when the roads get covered with sheet ice and become flat out undriveable. Panasonic G1, ISO-100, kit lens, F/6.3, tripod mounted.

Paul
Paul I cannot view the image files :(