The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Thank you ALL for the help! New cam coming soon. :-)

Joan

I really appreciate the wonderful input from everyone on my previous thread about choosing a new camera.
MUCHAS GRACIAS!!

I am very excited to tell you that a "new" (to me) Digilux 2 will be in my possession very soon. Got a fantastic price on one that has a new sensor, which will also allow me to keep my E410 body and my 35mm lens. Only have to sell off a little bit of my other gear, and I'll be solvent once again, YAY!! :D:D:D

Best of both worlds and a lot of fun to come. Will post some shots as soon as I get acquainted with it.

Best regards,
Joan

I really appreciate the wonderful input from everyone on my previous thread about choosing a new camera.
MUCHAS GRACIAS!!

I am very excited to tell you that a "new" (to me) Digilux 2 will be in my possession very soon. Got a fantastic price on one that has a new sensor, which will also allow me to keep my E410 body and my 35mm lens. Only have to sell off a little bit of my other gear, and I'll be solvent once again, YAY!! :D:D:D

Best of both worlds and a lot of fun to come. Will post some shots as soon as I get acquainted with it.

Best regards,
Joan
LOVELY! Best of luck, and looking forward to see the results!

Warmest greetings,

Per

Joan

Thanks guys! I'm happy that I finally made up my dizzy mind. I suspect in a couple of years I'll also be buying a used GRD2, the other top contender on my list. :) The analog controls and beautiful lens of the D2 will be such a treat, I am PSYCHED!

Lili

Joan,
Congratulations!!!
I researched this camera a while back and it does indeed look sweet.
I am glad you get to keep your Oly too, it would be shame to part with it after having done some really nice work :)

Joan

Thanks, Lili. Yep, in the end I couldn't part with the little Oly, it has it's own very strong points and I am holding out hope for the 25 pancake as well as the consumer grade WA zoom that's supposed to come out later in the year.

Do you think you'll go for the E420?

smokysun

congratulations, joan,
no question in my mind you made the right choice. it's not small, but definitely one of a kind, both in use and the pictures. this is one of my favorite galleries, all hand-held: www.pbase.com/wwp/photoshoot
wayne

Last edited:

Joan

congratulations, joan,
no question in my mind you made the right choice. it's not small, but definitely one of a kind, both in use and the pictures. this is one of my favorite galleries, all hand-held: www.pbase.com/wwp/photoshoot
wayne
Thanks, Wayne. That is an awesome gallery, all at ISO 100 and hand held, wow! I am itching to get this camera in my hands!

helenhill

What a blast ! Great Choice ......
I have taken some of my favorite photos with the Digilux 2
hopefully your buying from Tony at POPFLASH
As Terry had previously noted he had four at a fantastic price / new sensor & refurbished with a one year leica warranty
Post some pixs soooon! Cheers - :)helen

Joan

What a blast ! Great Choice ......
I have taken some of my favorite photos with the Digilux 2
hopefully your buying from Tony at POPFLASH
As Terry had previously noted he had four at a fantastic price / new sensor & refurbished with a one year leica warranty
Post some pixs soooon! Cheers - :)helen
Hi Helen.
Actually I had planned to buy from Popflash, but another deal came my way that was financially even better for me. Only thing is, so far I don't know exactly when I'm going to have it!
Getting a bit antsy ... :D:D:D

Thanks, I will post as soon as I can get my mitts on the little jewel!