The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Samsung killer compact

jonoslack

HI There
Interesting indeed . . . the sensor is the same size as the Canon G11 I think - in terms of pixel density it'll make it around 23 as opposed to the LX3's 24 - not a huge difference!
Still, an interesting camera, and I've always liked the Samsung Compacts.
all the best

D

D upton-Hackett.

looks very interesting. No wonder we never have any money with tempters like this.

agoglanian

I just went to the PMA show today and I got some hands-on time with the EX1.

First off let me say it's actually fairly comfortable in the hand and the build quality seems really sturdy. (I wasn't a big fan of the brushed metal look, but that's consistent with their other cameras)

The camera seems to respond really well and I enjoyed playing around with it. That being said, I found the controls to be less than intuitive and I had to ask for help from the Samsung rep...... except he didn't know how to change the manual settings either ;)

All in all I think it's definitely going to be an interesting camera once it's released.

Oh and that screen is GORGEOUS!

retow

F1.8 @ 24e mm is impressive, but f2.4@ 72e mm even more (Leica D-Lux 4 is f2.8 @60e mm). Let's hope the optical quality of the lens is first rate, in which case this could be a winner,

pollobarca

Well the blurb is good. I have always liked my daughters little Samsung .
Especially like the swivel out screen, f1,8 lens. If the quality of the images is as good as the C5050z then we nearly have its substitute! Just needs Olympus on the front.
Wonder how dim the screen can go (for sneaky shots in dark interiors) and what sort of lens tube sizes (46 or 43 mm filter mount).

paul