The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question about Sony and the TX7

simonclivehughes

I'm going to be picking up a TX7 in a couple of days and not having any experience with Sony, I am wondering what they are like WRT firmware updates on their small sensor cameras. The reason I ask is that for some bizarre reason, the TX7 does not have a B&W mode! My hope is that they might update the firmware to include this at some point.

Any comments?

Cheers,

hot

Oh god ... B&W ... you are a fan of yesteryesteryesterday photography?
You can make B&W with each simple photo program.

I am glad to find no sepia/light blue/dark red/middle green/.. and other nonsens on cameras.

simonclivehughes

Oh god ... B&W ... you are a fan of yesteryesteryesterday photography?
You can make B&W with each simple photo program.

I am glad to find no sepia/light blue/dark red/middle green/.. and other nonsens on cameras.
I have no issues with PP but it would be nice the have it available in-camera for the jpegs. For example, Panasonic's "Dynamic B&W" setting gives superb B&W jpegs.

Just seems extraordinary that the camera doesn't have a B&W setting. :wtf:

Cheers,