The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

S90 is a keeper. Canon, well done!

Mikec

I use small cameras (with small sensors) when I want portability, large DoF, and a different look (not as technically perfect as larger sensors). I am a big fan of the Ricoh GRD series. The S90 is slightly smaller (needs a custom grip). The pleasant surprise for me is the S90 custom mode keeps focal length and manual focus distance. If you like to zone focus, you might appreciate the S90. There aren't many small cameras that shoot raw and get this right. Thank you, Canon.

s.agar

I like it too, after having the complete lens unit change by Canon service. But still at WA, lens gives the worst ever distortion that I have seen. Excellent for street shots, but not so for any buildings, etc.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The S90 has become my P&S of choice also. I've been through the gamut recently of Ricoh GRD's (I still have the GRD II), Leica D-Lux's up the D-Lux 4, Nikon P-6000, and finally Canon G10/G11 before settling on the S90, for now at least :ROTFL: :thumbup: I went through the Panasonic GF1 trial and didn't bond with it at all in the end as it was too big for P&S pocket use and not good enough image quality-wise to displace my Leica gear for travel.

I like having the utility of the G11 without the bulk. It's a very very usable camera and I find the lens ring control intuitive and easy to use. This time the controls are almost as well thought out as those of the Ricoh with a photographer biased set of capabilities somewhat similar to Panasonic/Leica's excellent choices with the D-Lux's.

I was considering the Leica X1 but for now it would only replace my other fixed focal length small camera - the GRD II.