The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Pope Does NY /GRD 2

S

Sean_Reid

THANK YOU
Will this be the new fashion accessory ? the megaphone
That is a great, great, comment, save that. These megaphones do seem to be multiplying like rabbits in certain parts of the country. In Daytona, I was photographing people in busy places and I often encountered the mighty megaphone.

In John Ford's "The Grapes of Wrath" (and in the novel itself, if I recall) former preacher Casey accepts the Joads' offer of a ride to the west because, he says, "Something is happening out there and I want to find out what it is."

We've got some troubling "somethings" happening in our country right now and one way to find out what's bubbling under the surface is to follow the megaphones.

Cheers,

Sean

Brian Mosley

Hi Helen,

looks like you had lots of fun, and thank you so much for sharing here... yes the E-420 + pancake would have been very useful (very fast AF/RAW buffer etc) - but you'd be limited to a 50mm EFL, so I'd think you'd still enjoy having the GRD 2 with you... in fact, I've just realised how close you must have been to the action here! you're a brave girl! ;)

Stay safe, have fun

Brian

Joan

Wowsers, Helen, amazing shots here and quite the story to go with! You've got guts, woman, impressive stuff!

sizifo

Just wanted to say that I like no. 3 (if you count the first post) the best, but almost like the last one even better. It doesn't quite work, but it seems like a one in a million photo was somewhere very near, if the gun more visible + the smiling guard & the cheering crowds.

Last edited:

helenhill

Thank You -Brian & Joan

Sizifo / I agree if only I had gotten the gun with an M8....yeah !!
But I think the grd preformed impeccably under demanding circumstances
and YES I wish i could be :scry: a better photographer at times.
All the Best, H

sizifo

NO, no,no. I meant nothing about your photographing ability, it came out all wrong. You know, I imagined some journalistic shot that would win a competition, probably taken by somebody who shoots nikon zoom machine guns for a living. Dude, you were in a crowd with a grd and I was trying to say how impressive it is that you caught such a good moment. Unless you are one of those women who are able to fly, in which case you could have done better.

woodyspedden

and some more photos....... Deserve Hell ? / Peace & Jesus Christ /The PopeMobile /Pedophiles/ the Car Following the Popemobile
Helen

The shot of the guard with the automatic weapon through the window of the popemobile is priceless. You should get on the net and sell this. Great stuff

Woody

helenhill

Helen

The shot of the guard with the automatic weapon through the window of the popemobile is priceless. You should get on the net and sell this. Great stuff

Woody
+
Love Ya Woody,Thanks !
I think that One as well as the blk & white 'Peace & Jesus Christ' is my Favorite.
Mind you, I took alot of shots and there were a few I did not post with Police / Pedestrian Confrontations. All the Best, Helen ;)

V

Vivek

Enjoyed them all, Helen. Thanks for sharing.:)

This one is from the Hague, Netherlands, for you.

helenhill

Cooool.....Great Shot LiLi
THANK YOU for posting this !!

I had wanted to expand this thread 'Concept' but limited myself with the Title
You have done Much to open it up & Expand it :clap:
I soooo ADORE shots of People & taking their Passions to the Street

Cheers! helen:D

P

Player

Great pictures!

With your GRD2, it seems no one even knew they were being captured.

helenhill

Thanks Player....the Grd2 is a Charm (no one notices you :)

Sizifo
Love your Street shot ......adds more magic to this thread

best- h

Lili

Helen, thank you for inviting me :)

Player in my shotI think the Guy to the far right busted me ;)

Sizifo, cool shot :)