The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Dp-1 + Ricoh 40mm Adapter

Martin S

Has anyone tried or is thinking of trying to adapt the Ricoh 40 mm adapter to the Dp-1??

I realize that this might take some modifications of the adapter, step up rings, step down ring etc.

But, do you think that is might work??? After all, the adapter is based on a 28 mm base lens.

Please comment.

Martin

simonclivehughes

Martin,

Off the top of my head, I think the difference in size between the sensors would dictate a larger lens would be necessary for the DP1. I suspect that you'd get some serious vignetting.

Cheers,

Will

I've tried holding the 21mm adaptor on the front of my DP1, and it worked surprisingly well, but there was image degradation towards the edges. I'll try the same with the 40mm and, if it works, post some images.

Will

Well I tried it but it wasn't pretty! The GW-1 on the other hand wasn't all that bad.

These are all straight jpg conversions with no pp

28mm

40mm :(

21mm :)

Martin S

It could work- sort of.

I may just try it.

Just received the DP-1, and took some uninspired images.

But, the sharpness, and resolution were great from this little, slow, kind of kludgy box.

The UI definitely needs work.

The lack of IS was not noticed since I took some interior shots at 1/6"(??) that were surprisingly sharp. Go figure???

Martin

Martin