The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

At a concert with the LX2

M

micampe

Last friday I went to a concert of an italian band and I decided to see how the LX2 (and me...) would manage in such a tricky situation.

The stage was quite dark, I pumped up to 800ISO, underexposed by -2/3EV and tried the different P, A, S programs. On A I obviously chose the fastest aperture allowed at that focal length (as I zoomed about halfway, I had F4-4.9 available), while on S I set the camera to 1/30. I put the camera on RAW mode and hoped for the best.

Hints about better settings for this kind of situations are highly appreciated :)

I got the best results with the 1/30 setting. This is the first time I've been surprised by the poor performance of the in-camera jpeg processor and the RAW has been really useful to get decent results. Here is probably the only decent shot (click the image to go to my Flickr page and see the camera jpeg for comparison).

M

micampe

Thank you Brian, the 16:9 is spoiling me... the problem is getting it printed! I always have to cut by myself.

Lili

Michelle,
That is an awesome band shot!
Even if that is the only keeper, this image is completely worth it.
Well Done!!!!

M

micampe

The post editing seems to be time-limited...

I replaced the picture on Flickr because I found the problem with the lights, so the url changed.

It kept more noise, but I think the picture looks better.