The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

new firmware upgrade for DP2

Don Ellis

What a fast girl you are... I just saw this and popped over here to tell people. But I was smart enough to look around before I did. Thank you.

In return, here's a photo I took yesterday. I've been photographing water bottles outside outside our office for several years now and yesterday was no different -- except there were fewer of them and the sun was making them look quite nice.

But when I got them on screen, I realized that I was getting a little bored with water bottles (say it isn't so!). So I opened my unused copy of Nik Color Efex and did this. I like them much better now...

Click on image for bigger refreshment.
DP2, of course, so I'll be getting that firmware upgrade.

Cheers,
Don

D

D upton-Hackett.

Smashing Don.

I to awaiting the upgrade that Diane beet us too, this upgrade may bring the DP2 very close to DP2s saving all the owners of this lovely performer money.

Tim

Cheers Diane,
thanks for the heads up. I will find any AF improvement welcome, although most of my subjects don't need high AF speed, I have passed this to a buddy who's only issue with his DP2 is AF speed.

Don Ellis

This firmware update, plus ProPhoto 4, are downloadable from this page.

I didn't put the final page URLs because there is other software on the page above that people may be interested in.

Don

Don Ellis

I just installed the ProPhoto software and the firmware without a hitch. If there are any differences to auto-focusing speed, I couldn't say because I learned to live with any auto-focus speed after I saw the first image -- so if it's faster, that's great, but I was never turned in enough to the speed to be able to confirm that.

Tim

I copied the 1.04 update to an 8Gb A-Data card that I have and tried to update - I got the "Firmware is failed" message everytime after about 6 attempts. I then dropped the update onto a 2Gb SanDisk card and update worked first time.

So its worth trying another card if it won't update!