The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

the meaning of light

D

D upton-Hackett.

just as an experiment took this while walking thriugh a store.

DP2 F4-ISO/100 at 1/40 changed the colour to enhance the sparkle in the LED bulbs.

View Large.

C/C welcome or your version might be interesting using my image.

Cheers.
Derek.

Last edited:

Will

As I said on your Flickr page I think this is a really nice image. I especially like the star bursts on the light bulbs.

Will (aka meaning_of_light ;) )

otumay

Very nice touch, Derek, almost haunting.

Speaking of the meaning of light; last night we attended a special event, part of a social awareness project titled "The Blind Photographers". We handed over our cellular phones, pocket lights, or any other gadget that could be used to produce light and were led by hosts into a completely dark hall. We could only walk by holding the person in front of us by his or her right shoulder, who did the same. These human trains were led by people actually lacking sight, feeling completely at home.

A blind sociologist performed a stunning stand-up show. The audience at first laughed at his jokes, without realizing that they were not meant to be laughed at, but to be frowned upon. This was followed by a concert expertly performed by a blind couple; the man playing the accordion and singing together with his wife. When the show ended, we were again led back to our universe of light, hopefully a little more aware of our fortune.

We photographers are doubly fortunate, I think. We connect with light more than the average person, and express our thoughts and feelings with it. I think this thread is an apt place to share this experience of mine.

May the light be always with us,

Osman

D

D upton-Hackett.

Will.
Not read your Flickr comment as yet but thank you. (sorry i used your aka)

Osman.

Very interesting, It's surprising just what we take for granted we should be more appreciative of our natural gifts.

Last edited:
D

D upton-Hackett.

Gandolfi.

WOW! "what it is to have that extra experience."

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Derek,

You're too kind and too modest!!

I don't have that much experience, esp. compared to some here. I just enjoy mucking about and iPhoto is simple & fun to work with. You'll have to get yourself a Mac.

Haha.

Gandolfi.