The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

one of those strange camera days

smokysun

and here's one with the russian helios 44-2 55 2.0. must have been millions made. a lovely lens for under $50.

'and finally you find yourself on the compost pile'

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. worked on the butterfly a bit more.

Last edited:

smokysun

thanks, osman. took the takumar 50 to our local swimming hole. my earliest memories come from a block away where we lived during ww2. there is definitely an art to using a manual focus lens on the fly. that said, i do feel these older mf lenses have something the new af lenses do not. maybe it's just me and nostalgia.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited:
A

Aareen

Well finally I've decided tot ake one of those things myself, not sure if anybody at all cares about ti either but well better thant to stare at the blank wall in front of me ain't it?

smokysun

you'd soon get the hang of it, osman. must be the way the old journalists worked: the art of anticipation. very educational.

out with the s3 pro shooting flowers with my final purchase, a nikon 35-105 3.5-4.5 which seems to have been a famous lens in its day. lovely, like new. if you go manual, the world is your oyster, these lenses an incredible bargain ($60)

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited: