The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Colour accuracy

Brian Mosley

Hi cam,

thanks for taking a look, and if you're busy please don't spend any more time on it... the point is that the colours were leaning all over the place!

Strange thing is, the studio shots Sean took for his review demonstrated excellent colour accuracy - it's when you get out of the lab and into the real world that these things trip you up.

I can only hope that Sigma can continue to improve their raw conversion algorithms for colour accuracy under wider lighting conditions - or perhaps it's simply a colour management bug?

Kind Regards

Brian

cam

played with it this morning using WB as shot. not nearly as off, but definitely different balance than the Oly (Auto anything gave it the shifts i mentioned above). the colours were more saturated on the DP1 naturally. not a bad thing, IMO. it gives you more information to work with...

in the hands of a colour master, this could be a piece of cake, but i am definitely not that. it was a joy going back to my usual b/w, so so civilised :D