The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First photo to share with all you

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Interesting shot Vincent.I like that shadow too! Something a little menacing about it. There's a strange balance thing going on. I can't tell if the large doorway is tilting or the street is. The vertical on the far right of the frame is almost perpendicular, but just a short distance away, that massive doorway is tilting way right. The shadow and the tilt combine to make the mood a little unsettling.

DavidE

Very nice. I especially like the forward tilt on the left side of the photo that's echoed in her step. Excellent use of a wide-angle perspective. Bravo!

V

Vincent

Thanks Will. That's also what most attracted me of the photo.

I must also thank Mitch for his sharings about postprocesing that I have tried not to miss one of them.

V

Vincent

Thanks TRSmith and DavidE for your comments. I appreciate a lot.

helenhill

Very Cooool
Can FEEL the vibe of Spain
Bulls, Sangria, Gaudi & the Ancient Christian Santiago Walk
Best, :) Helen

Brian Mosley

Hi Vincent, I really like the composition... would you mind sharing how you approached the shot - did you plan the shot (see the background) before the couple arrived?

Wonderful, bravo!

Kind Regards

Brian

V

Vincent

Thanks for your kind comments, Brian.
We were celebrating our local festivities and I was having a walk taking pictures. I remember having seen the couple and percieved something about the background I was not concious at all at the moment but made me shot the camera without looking the screen. I know I was lucky with the composition.

Joan

Wonderful photo, Vincent! Love the intricate shadow detail. I called Spain my home for 2 years back in the 1980's, this brings back lovely memories.

Best,
Joan

V

Vincent

Thanks Joan. Happy to read that. I know Spain is a wonderful place to live at ;-)

Best,
Vincent

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi VIncent:

Very cool image, LOVE the shadow's sense of impending doom, a kind of eerie evil eye looking over their shoulder... Or is it a wink of affection?

:thumbs:,

sizifo

It took a while to find this thread again, but I had to say that this photo is just great. You see, a few weeks on I remembered it and looked for it...

Is it B&W just from the camera? The conversion is maybe not that great, for me, but it doesn't matter much when the photo is this good.