The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Grey Kitty

Lisa

Awww. Very well done photo. I know how tough it can be to photograph cats well!

Lisa

Lili

Lisa, thanks so much :)

Helen, she is quite a character, but we've had her with us since she was born and seems quite content ^_^

cam

wonderful shot, Lili! the detail and the softness are just perfect. major kitty love!!! makes you want to go rub your face in her tummy and get lost in her purrs. she looks to be a major purrer, no?

V

Vincent

Lili, I like the shot very much...and she's being very very cute!

Lili

Vincent, thank you!! Oscar Wilde once said any house with cats had no need of elegant statuary. He was right, they are at once graceful, elegant, comical and cute.

Cam, high praise indeed, my thanks. Once again I love doing B&W with my first gen GRD :)
Grey, and that is her name, is a possessed of a LOUD purr. I suspect she may be part Puma from the sound of it.
^_^

ampguy

very nice! Is it an orange tabby by chance? It looks very similar to our Gilligan (10 month old orange tabby).

Lili

very nice! Is it an orange tabby by chance? It looks very similar to our Gilligan (10 month old orange tabby).
Thanks! She is a Grey Tabby with white boots and little orange blazes here and there; her Mom is a Black Longhair with Orange Tortoiseshell markings and the cutest tiny Saber-teeth.

thomasl.se

A little tuna bribe involved in getting that shot, or are you just really good pals? A "cat person" mysef, this one's irresistible.

Is any of them a hard case (in- or) outside the door, or is gazing out the window as far as they go for thrills?

Joan

Love this, makes me smile from ear to ear. SO full of character, what a pose! Nice job, Lili.

Lili

A little tuna bribe involved in getting that shot, or are you just really good pals? A "cat person" mysef, this one's irresistible.

Is any of them a hard case (in- or) outside the door, or is gazing out the window as far as they go for thrills?
Thanks Thomas!
Grey was napping, woke up started stretching and curling up all on her own, I got my GRD out post haste and caught her in pixels :)
Her Mom, Tara was an adopted feral, she had six kittens and we kept Grey and found good homes for her siblings.
Grey escaped the night before she was to be fixed.
We were heart broken.
Six weeks later I was coming home from the Club I worked at, at 3am, then she appeared at the foot of the stairs. I called her name and she ran up to me, right up my leg (ow) and curled about my neck and in my hair purring madly.
She had been busy while out and had five kittens. Again we kept one, Small Change, and found homes for the rest.
So Grey is a reformed Hard Case.
Shes been Out There and found her way back and knows how Good she's got it now.
^_^