The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New from Leica V-Lux 20.

iiiNelson

Well I posted about this in the Leica forum. I got to handle it for a bit yesterday. If I were in the market for a Superzoom that didn't shoot RAW I'd look at the Panasonic version as it's about half the cost. Overall it's a decent camera but not $700 good. The geotagging is a cool feature and integrates nicely with Aperture 3 and iPhoto '09. IQ was decent and video was decent. OIS works really well. The Leica guy shot a handheld 30 sec clip of an aircraft landing at SFO Airport @ 300mm.

pollobarca

Hmmm. it doesnt make a phone call though!
Geo tagging I rather liked the Ricoh idea which uses a blue tooth Gps transmitter.
Lets you tag what is being photographed, great for construction companies who want the position of the building, not where it was photographed from.
Be nice to see some pix though

rgds

paul

Scargos2

I can not Believe Leica came out with this camera V-Lux 20 for $699. AND DOES NOT Shoot RAW. What is Leica thinking.My wife has a Canon G9 and shoots raw, I was at first excited reading about the camera, until it said Jpeg file. Back to looking.

D

D upton-Hackett.

thinking it over i suspect this has been made by Panasonic with the red Leica dot added that will enable the price increase over the pany model.

personally i think Leica should stick to what they do best. Saying that a have a Digilux 2 over LC1.

R

rwsphotography

Just an added thought:

Buying a Leica brand instead of the "same" Panasonic gets you a 3 year warranty vs. a 1 year. Maybe not worth the extra $$ but, it's an excuse.