The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

experimental pictures

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Here's one more..click to enlarge...I didn't read this was the small sensor forum, sorry ..this is a M8 shot

Last edited:

cam

everyone can join in! -- please do!

Mike -- no problem about your camera size. everyone is welcome to join in.

Dirac -- that includes you. of course you may!

i started this thread so that everyone can share their experiments with everyone else. a chance to stimulate each other's creativity and open our minds to what is possible.

4season

I visited the Denver aquarium on Saturday. Photo was taken with a Canon SD1000 set to -0.7 EV and daylight color, so the camera wouldn't attempt to "correct" the very blue light. Cropped but otherwise unaltered.

Joan

Wowsers, some amazing stuff in this thread! my effort here pales in comparison, but I'll share it anyway.

Angels and Demons

View attachment 3993

Taken through multiple layers of glass (vase, display case, shop window, etc.) Digilux 2 in the Time Warner building, NY. Desaturated and sepia tones added in iPhoto.

Last edited:
D

Dirac

Wowsers, some amazing stuff in this thread! my effort here pales in comparison, but I'll share it anyway.
Actually, this picture looks extremely good to me. I am the one who pales in comparaison.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Time to wake this thread up again since it was fun. This is experimental since I made a "Smart Object" out of a copy of the main shot and then used a bunch of filters on it that I usually ignore... like "Other > Maximum" plus a bunch of other stuff. I have no idea what they're supposed to do, but it's fun to play.

Will

Good idea to breath some life into this thread again.

Amazing timeless effect you have produced. It takes a little while to realise this isn't an old photograph, until you see the man with baseball cap and modern sunglasses.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Experiemental processing again. Taken with the Nikon and lensbaby + flash. Then into PS and rendered some lighting effects to add a little moody stuff. Color is not accurate, but hey, who cares?

Ben Rubinstein

Wow, I don't ever remember a thread where I've been so inspired! Tim and DavidE's photos from the first page - both me and the wife agreed were good enough to purchase and I very very rarely say that about anything, Bob's IR photo, I'm very jelous of it!

helenhill

LOVE IT Tim
Tres Beautiful........ wonderful color combo the magenta accident bleeding & blending into the red
best-h:clap:

Terry

Wow Joan, I completely missed your shot the first time. I love it.

The Denver aquarium shot is also quite cool

Tim that shot does seem sort of timeless and back to the future at the same time.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Ben, Helen, and Terry! Whenever I start to get too critical of myself and work, this experimental category loosens me up. Brings the fun back to photography for me. And happy accidents do sometimes happen!