The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

dp1 dead pixels in awb mode

smokysun

discovered this looking at the wet roses. the day before i'd shot in cloudy mode. examined a bunch of them and no dead pixels.

not consistent in awb. sometimes the pictures fine. i suspect certain glints of light must come up dead. or the camera hot from the shot.

that's why they come up as defective when i load them as tiffs from pro 4 into photoshop. again, it only happens with some, however still a lot.

anybody discovered this? i know we had a discussion about the defective file warning before.

sample. all the white spots.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

ps. just checked another set from several days ago, shot in cloudy mode on a cloudy day. no dead pixels. or would these be overblown instead of dead? or could it be something to do with the closeup lens picking up sunlight?

Last edited:

smokysun

well, it looks like i may have jumped the gun. just pixel peeped on more than a dozen of the ones that come up with the warning. some darker ones say it and they've no white spots. i guess i've been looking at tiny reflections off water as the cause of the signal. that said, a whole string of them will come up with warnings, then a whole string without. the mystery remains.

thanks,
wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

otumay

The mysteries of DP1 are seemingly endless, Wayne. Maybe that is one of the reasons why we like the little devil...

D

D upton-Hackett.

Wayne that's nearly an optical illusion, had to go large to prove not, even then at first glance looks like a old boot.
Or is it me lol.