The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DP1 in Pergamon

Lili

Osman, gorgeous, evocative and timeless at once.
I love the magical light of the third on the corridor/stair of the second especially

otumay

Thank you, Lili. What you say is very motivating.
I also shot with a Nikon D700+50/1.4 simultaneously, and can easily say that both cameras have their distinct advantages. Needless to say, DP1 shots have a magic of their own.

MisiekBunnik

i do have a question for those with both dp cameras. the dp2 i tried was new and the focus mechanism really a loud grind. did i test a lemon?

thanks.

Well, I have both and they are both...lemons... The dp1 focus grind is not so noisy. The dp2 with newest firmware really is quicker in focussing , but also a bit louder. So, No, you did not test a lemon, that's the way they are...

otumay

I am on the market for DP2s and was told that it has a much quieter focusing. Anybody has this new gem?

smokysun

hi osman,
interesting you should ask. just went through this very exhaustive thread.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1027&message=35015170

somehow there's no consensus but i figure it's wiser (if you have it) to spend the extra money for the latest.

good luck. may buy one myself. one thing to think about. the menus very different (no customizable buttons) and so to go back and forth between the dp1 and dp2s might be a bit of a head twister. (yet that could stave off alzheimers, keeping your brain working.)

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp

Last edited: