The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

how to give people on the spot pictures

simonclivehughes

Wayne,

As with any printer these days, it's the consumables that kill you. I have a little Sony Dye-Sub printer that was reasonably inexpensive, but the packs of paper/ink can really add up quickly.

Cheers,

Last edited:

M5-Guy

Cool...
Gota get one....
Inkless printing....I guess the ink is in the paper?? and the Polaroid Experience of peeling of the back is retained. :salute:
50 sheets $16.10

Don Ellis

ran across a photographer who uses this on his travels as a thank you when people allow their picture taken. to me this is a great idea anywhere. i prefer not to sneak pics the hcb/winograd style.

incredibly reasonable.
Reasonable until you give one child a photo and find a line forming. We thought about this with real Polaroids years ago but gave up the idea when we realized it would mushroom into a mini-career that would bring our travels to a standstill.

Cheers,
Don

smokysun

ah, sounds like one better be very selective! still think for travel...leaving kids out of the equation. and the paper prices seem much more reasonable than the old polaroids.

wayne
www.pbase.com/wwp