The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

UK Photo Safari - Leopard Event Update...

Brian Mosley

Hi everyone,

as you may know, I founded the Olympus UK Photo Safari Group, to bring together passionate Oly users based initially in the UK, but quickly attracting members from all over the world...

Last weekend, we had our event in Welwyn, Herts just north of London as special guests of a private big cats collection. I am coordinating a follow up report, but in advance of that, I'd like to share just one image from each of the fellow Safari Group members who have sent me their comments for the report so far :

Denis Ong, E-3
1/250s f/5.6 at 104.0mm iso400

Ian Pollard, E-510
1/250s f/2.8 at 105.0mm iso200

Jerry Hughes, E-3
1/200s f/3.5 at 200.0mm iso800

Julian Kaesler, E-510
1/160s f/4.9 at 283.0mm iso100

Nick Webster, E-1
1/320s f/3.5 at 200.0mm iso200

Stephen Elliott, E-3
1/1250s f/3.5 at 200.0mm iso800

Steve Marshall, E-1

Tim Afken, E-1
1/200s f/3.5 at 54.0mm iso100

Valerie Fuller, E-420 + 25mm Pancake
1/160s f/6.3 at 25.0mm iso100

The event was free, but I know that we donated over £500 in total to our host, who was absolutely wonderful.

As I recieve more material for the report, I will post more snippets here until the report is complete... but I just wanted to let you see the quality of work our members are achieving with their Olympus DSLRs.

I will e-mail a link to everyone in the group, to see any replies / comments you have for them here - I am hoping that many of them will join this forum, which I have found to be a very friendly and civil place to discuss photography.

I'm sure they will read your thoughts with interest :)

Kind Regards

Brian

rich s

Hi Brian,

Well done for organising another great Safari day and ordering some good weather into the bargain...!

I know from my previous visit there three years ago, that its not the easiest of locations to get the right viewpoints and angles, but there really are some excellent shots there. Not only that, but we had a great opportunity to swap lenses, try out the amazing 14-35 f2, and generally share experiences.

So another great get-together for the Group.
Well done.

Rich

Brian Mosley

Thanks Rich, I love Denis' shot of the Persian Leopard... that cat was seriously scary!

It was great to see you again, I'm hoping to get over to Brittany soon!

Kind Regards

Brian

Martin S

Those are great shots.

I have shot Leopards in the wild in S. Africa (Sabi Sands area), and know how difficult it is to find, and shoot these magnificent, and solitary animals (with a camera of course).

The access to these animals must be something else in a protected environment.

Again, great shots. (My favorite is the face close up, but again, i am an ophthalmologist!!)

It would be nice to plan such a Safari on this side of the pond.

Martin

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Brian next time you have a event let us know and we will announce it on GetDPI

Nice shots from the group. Tell them they have a home here if they want to discuss Oly gear in the 4/3rds section. We always welcome good chaps here. LOL

Brian Mosley

Thanks Guy,

I'm hoping to come over for one of your workshops myself (with any of our Safari Group members who would like to join me) in due course - it will be fantastic to meet you all!

Kind Regards

Brian

Guy Mancuso

Plan on Iceland next year this time a 10 day one but we will have 2 come this fall also . I would like to plan 5 before the Iceland trip

Brian Mosley

Hi Guy, I may very well join you for Iceland this time next year (I've been once, on a business trip - but sadly, only a flying visit)... I'll look out for details.

Kind Regards

Brian

Guy Mancuso

Iceland is going to be a adventure . i actually may have to go work out and get in shape. :ROTFL: